CIS installing in Windows 7 32 bit

Okay… not sure if anyone’s on to this yet, but I have just managed to install the CIS 32 bit on the Windows 7 OS.

Initially there was some resistance, but I found out that all I need to do is to right-click it, unblock and make it Vista compatible. Then just click it and the program will install per usual.

thanks u very much :slight_smile: this helps me a lot.

Please be aware that CIS does not support W7 and i’ve read reports that the firewall does not work as expected on it… so have fun playing around but be sure to check if it works for you… and let us know the results okay ?

i installed and tried this:

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2009-01-11 at 15:08:55

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

0 Ports Open
0 Ports Closed

1056 Ports Stealth

1056 Ports Tested

ALL PORTS tested were found to be: STEALTH.

TruStealth: PASSED - ALL tested ports were STEALTH,
- NO unsolicited packets were received,
- NO Ping reply (ICMP Echo) was received.

Please check this, it’s not all working as expected.

https://forums.comodo.com/general_discussion_off_topic_anything_and_everything/windows_7_merged_thread-t21781.0.html;msg236253#msg236253

so searching for alternative :slight_smile:

No just wait a bit, i don’t think there is one Software Firewall W7 “certified” except for Windows own firewall.
You can set a real good bit of rules now a day’s with that thing… I only use W7 for testing purposes nothing “live” on the internet right now…

:slight_smile:

Wow, they got their product for Windows 7 out fast. :THNK (So why can’t Comodo? :P)

first one takes the bussiness :slight_smile:

I’ve got CIS on 7 working pretty good I think.

With ProActive config, full pass on CLT.
With Internet Sec config, failed on 4 or 5 points.

So, it seems something is happening.

The AV passed all the eicar tests.

The only thing not working well, is checking for Program updates. I get error 101.

The AV updates say it’s working (but I need to verify that as I’ve seen a prob before, on xp,
where it wasn’t despite confirmation)

And Network defense won’t see what the active connections are. Though I’m told what ports are open, just not any measurement of activity.

I think both the probs I’ve stated have more to do with how I have a couple things configured outside CIS.

CIS diagnostic say’s it’s fine.