CIS Installer POLL

I downloaded CIS latest & its whopping 197 MB.
Extracted the installer. Opened a folder named xml html or something & at the bottom there were 32 Bits & 64 Bits installer of app 43 & 53 MB respectively. The installer is more than double the size of actual installer. Instead of wasting MBs on additional stuffs users can use it to download AV databases. Removal of additional stuffs will reduce the installer size drastically, smaller size means less probs for users with slow internet & good for users with limited internet package, etc…

Many times many users have requested to remove additional stuffs/give actual installers only but nothing have been done from Comodo side.

Lets have a POLL.

Plzz vote & comment. You can also change your vote.

Voted for “Remove Additional Softwares (Seperate 32/64 Bits Installer)”.

POLL Options Details—

Current Installer - Installer in the current state i.e Full Installer (Additional Softwares Included, other options like Yahoo HomePage, Yahoo Search, Comodo DNS, etc… Opt-Out)

Remove Additional Softwares (Combined 32/64 Bits Installer) - Comodo Dragon, GeekBuddy b[/b], Privdog, etc… should be removed. Only Core Protection should be selected, other options like Yahoo HomePage, Yahoo Search, etc… should be removed, Comodo DNS should be Opt-In.

I Dont Care - You dont care about the installer size, options, etc…

Online Installer - Online Installer could have additional softwares. Core protection should be selected, additional softwares, other options like Yahoo HomePage, Yahoo Search, etc…, Comodo DNS all should be Opt-In.

Remove Additional Softwares (Seperate 32/64 Bits Installer) - Comodo Dragon, GeekBuddy b[/b], Privdog, etc… should be removed. Only Core Protection should be selected, other options like Yahoo HomePage, Yahoo Search, etc… should be removed, Comodo DNS should be Opt-In.

Voted for “Remove Additional Software”

I voted “remove aditional software”.
if I want to download CİS, it has only Firewall & Antivirus, maybe Comodo Dragon :-TU

and please vote my wish here : https://forums.comodo.com/-t99537.0.html

Browser should not be the part of Internet Security suite…
Just my 2 cents…

To remove everything. Including VK.
To make VK autonomous.
Only AV and FW. Only then I will use the new version

You are right, but they want to offer to users a secure browsing experience with Comodo DNS ( I do not believe Comodo DNS power).
and PrivDog on it for privacy and etc.

I also want only AV+FW :-TU

Comodo Dragon, GeekBuddy (Trialware) & Privdog are not required for CIS core protection & should be removed.

Comodo DNS Should be Opt-In instead of Opt-Out.

Comodo TrustConnect (Paid) option should not be there in the Firewall settings.

Yahoo HomePage & Search should be removed.

Yes I almost forgot the Yahoo these are must be removed , but Comodo has agreement between Yahoo I think and also Yandex for big market on Russia.

So they should be Opt-In instead of Opt-Out.

+1

Voted for “Remove Additional Software”

Yandex too. :wink:

What is Yandex?
I see its app 23 MB folder.

Russian search engine, similar to Yahoo, Google, etc.

I didn’t notice Yandex option in the installation, is it there?

OK I am a party pooper. :slight_smile:
I voted ‘I don’t care’.
The download size doesn’t concern me, with today’s average download speed and drive size.
197 MB is like a sardine in an ocean.

There should have been a voting option to remove some of the additional software maybe.
It is not uncommon for installers to incorporate other products, it is what helps keep software free.

If we are going to remove all the additional extras, well then maybe the word ‘Premium’ should go as well and just stick with the ‘Pro/Complete’ versions.

Honestly I selected ‘I don’t care’, because I don’t care as long as companies like Comodo can keep producing fine products free of charge for us all to use.

Just my thoughts, thanks.

Captainsticks,

Should I add Online Installer in the POLL options?
Online Installer could have additional softwares. Core protection should be selected by default, additional softwares should be Opt-In.

Please add it, it’s what I’d vote for.

Even now, it is clear that “current installer is not fine”…
:smiley:

Yes, but as long as the option to download the full installer remains as well.