CIS hindering Windows Defender

Hi, I upgraded to Win10 a month ago. I decided to go with Comodo Firewall only, and Windows Defender. After installing CIS, I went into control panel and chose to modify the program and removed the virus part of it. I also have Auto-Sandbox, HIPS and Virusscope disabled.

Since I’m using Windows Defender for anti-virus I want it to load at Windows startup. It does… eventually, and here is my problem.

The defender icon never shows up in the tray, and the program takes 4 or 5 minutes after boot before it actually kicks in and starts running. I know this because if I run it during those 4 or 5 minutes it will give me red warnings about it being disabled and not updated. Even after running, the tray icon never shows.

I’m getting EventLog errors about Windows Defender timing out before it’s run (even though it eventually does).

So the other day, Comodo wouldn’t update. I decided to remove it, reboot, and reinstall. After I rebooted with no comodo installed, defender immediately popped up and showed up in the tray like it suppose to do.

After re-installing the new version of comodo, defender once again delays 4 or 5 minutes before it loads, no tray icon, and I’m getting the same EventLog errors.

I believe Comodo is somehow blocking, or hindering Defender from running.

Is there anything that I can do to have Comodo not hinder Defender from running?

Any help would be appreciated.

Error: 7000
Service Control Manager
The Windows Defender Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Error: 7009
Service Control Manager
A timeout was reached (120000 milliseconds) while waiting for the WinDefend service to connect.
(Please note, I’ve already tried changing the Timeout in the Registry. I tried several different values and none helped… with the Windows Defender problem.)