CIS has died - The forum is dead.

None of that is related in any way to what I suggested - a joint effort between the Mods and users to try to contact Staff to know what actually is happening with CIS development and what to expect for the future.

What you posted is C.O.M.O.D.O RT stating months ago that they had sent the List of current Bugs listed by a Mod to the Staff. Months ago. I am not suggesting anything related to Bug reports.

No I am just stating my opinion as this is a public Forum so the opinions from the community are allowed if they are in line with the topic subject, which is not the case of your strain of text of a post made months ago related to Bug reports.

I did - Zonealarm, similar to cis. Not my preference, an interim solution. CIS roadmap: dead end? I think so. Comodo did best work on my PC, thanks for it.

I have no problems with the current version on all my PCs
The CIS firewall is still very good
Zero-day protection is always active in Windows 11
Close forum? Yes by dint of crying alas I think it will happen
Looking elsewhere to other products will save you time
For now I try to help in my own way:

https://forums.comodo.com/

It's been asked and intended in a polite way, but I've changed it for clarity.
Cisfan,

your point of view is crystal clear. :-TU Your beating a dead horse. From the many topics and posts you submit, your re-hashing the same thing over and over again. IF and only IF theres a update it will be posted for ALL to see. Either wait patiently for an update or uninstall comodo and use something else.

If you dont know what im talking about, Click on your profile and read all the posts you submitted for the past month or two :slight_smile:

The Comodo Forum >
Profile of CISfan >
Show Posts >
Thank you for your feedback I appreciate it.

As you know, sometimes it just takes loads of effort to accomplish tiny things.

Based on the update from CEO I’ll decide whether or not I’ll stay with CIS.
But - reading between the lines - there probably will be no such CEO update and probably no CIS update either unfortunately, so…

Goodbye, please do not slam the door when you leave.

Here is as close you will get to a post from CEO

Forum Policy Violation Board >Re: CIS has died - The forum is dead.

The resources needed to run this forum and keep the free product alive have apparently been diverted elsewhere. Also, expecting a billionaire ceo to drop in and powwow with the masses is a pipedream.

Since this forum is more and more appearing to be a waste of time, Dennis/Mods/Staff can delete my account here. I’ll try to avoid the door Dennis.

and the band played on.

Dennis/Mods/Staff can delete my account here. I'll try to avoid the door Dennis.

and the band played on.

Whats the point, just don’t login in and post and you’ll be fine. If you change your mind then welcome back :■■■■

It is always nice to be hearing from you Dennis, I will let you know when I leave.
One cannot slam the exit door on the way out here they took measures, it’s a revolving door.

Allow me to say that Melih’s message was a bit vague from the beginning regarding future CIS development.
It would only take a few minutes of his precious time to enlighten us all on this discussion.

I will let you know when I leave.
dont bother, just do it
Allow me to say that Melih's message was a bit vague from the beginning regarding future CIS development. It would only take a few minutes of his precious time to enlighten us all on this discussion.
your still beating a dead horse. You cant help but repeat the same thing over and over. give it up

Not only vague but its from a year ago. Things do change over time.
Quoting comments from over a year ago, even if they are from Melih himself is irrelevant to the current situation and may not reflect their current intention with CIS.

Instead of relying on things of the past, communication should be clear from Staff to userbase regarding the plans for the future of CIS. Would cost nothing for Melih or another high ranked Staff member to write a post here explaining what actually is happening and what are their plans. Comodo is now Xcitium and based on Xcitium website, there is no such a thing as Xcitium for home customers.

So CIS future seems to be endangered. I would expect some people to show love and care for the CIS product and this cause and try to reach out to Melih or some other person (politely of course) to know more details.

But instead let’s rely on the past and cherish it, seems like the Comodo Forums is made to live off of past things, just look at the huge list of products that are actually not supported anymore and not moved to the archived section. Even certain members quoting completely out of context and Off-topic comments from months ago, thinking they are making a point, and now even a Mod quoting an old comment. Almost everything here is old, to the point the Comodo Forums are beginning to look like a museum. No intention to offend anyone of course. :-TU

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Off-topic.
I would like to send PM to you but for some unknwon reason it is blocked.
Can you check or unblock PM for me?
Thanks.
On-Topic.

I think a bit much to ask. Do you read such plans from Kaspersky, from Symantec, from F-Secure, etc…? From past to present at this time, comodo offers 100% protection. I repeat myself, that’s all I need. And again, what is the use of reading that CIS will be further developed, but we can’t improve much at the moment, or no, CIS will not be further developed.

You can draw your own conclusions now. At the present time:

• no reactions
  • no update

What does this mean for you? Time to go?

or:

• protection still at the highest level

• PC, software - everything works
  • no bluescreen (for me this was an annoying bug)

• firewall- disconnect/allow internet connection works (not before, I missed this functionality)

Either was worked on the last two bugs or this are signs that CIS was not abandoned.
What was the reason why it works now, I don’t know.

The same thing is chewed over again and again. Decide. I did and now stay with comodo, unless security drops. A better feeling. Done.

Kaspersky, Symantec, F-Secure and the like get regular updates because those brands know that hackers don’t sleep and are very good programmers.
Believing that CIS will protect forever 100% without further updates or improvements is like playing Russian roulette with your system.

‘CIS protects 100% so we don’t need updates’ is the same logic as leaving the door of your house or your car unlocked because you live in a place with a low crime rate. :-X

Believing that CIS will protect forever 100% without further updates or improvements is like playing Russian roulette with your system.
Yes, I agree that CIS WONT protect you forever without further updates or improvements. Thats is a fact.
comodo offers 100% protection.
My opinion is that currently comodo is as good as it gets, but I wouldn't say 100%. I do get your the point

Currently, comodo is fine for now and they are behind on where it needs to be. Eventually somewhere in the future it wont provide great protection. (nobody knows when that will be). If and only If they eventually do provide a update, it’ll be good to go. If they don’t, you eventually need to switch to something else.

But at the end of the day, complaining and whining about you want to hear from the CEO or about comodo is dead or it needs to be update (Post after post, month after month isnt going to get you anywhere) Your point is well made here

I agree with you on that, there is no discrepancy. For me still 100%, but of course I do not know when a hacker discovers a hole. That would be a desaster if only then would be “fixed”.

What I wrote is:

• in all the years more then a decade I never had malware on my PC = 100% protection by now for me

• Hackers don’t sleep, updates therefore are necessery

• if the level of protection level gets lower I change to another program

No one says comodo don’t need updates, but some find that the protection is still there (for me

That was based on tests (100% of the used threats found) and my own experience (never problems with malware until now, so 100% protected, last 3 intusion attemps on my PC prevended).
But you are right: there is no 100% security anywhere.

last 3 intrusion attempts on my PC prevented
That sucks, I had to deal with those issues too in the past, as for the rest of your post. Thats better then I could ever write, Well said

This is everything I know

Comodo CIS Free version v12.2.2.8012 (currently) - I have no idea when or if they will update it again

Comodo CIS PRO (the paid version) is currently on v12.2.4.8032 - The only difference between Free and PRO is the $500 guarantee not to be infected and tech support. AS for the CIS component itself, i dont know the technical difference is as there is no change log for the Pro edition (It feels more polished, but it could be all in my head) Comodo has always been horrible about giving update info on anything

Comodo’s business side (Comodo client endpoint) which is basicly same as CIS but controlled by admins in a corporate environment (knows as itarian.com) is updated like every 2 months (I cant recall where I got that info from).

Please note I did not say the quote was a replacement but as close as you will get.

Also if you are waiting for a new release of CIS or any information about one, do not bother nothing is likely to happen in the near future.

Dennis

Care to ellaborate? Also what are your sources for this statement if any? Thanks.