CIS has been giving me trouble

This is kind of !ot! but I think it’s something Melih and others at Comodo need to consider. I’ve been using CIS for several years. My first security suite, many years ago, was ZoneAlarm, but I dropped it when it failed to prevent or remove a virus, and I received a free 1-year subscription to Norton. Almost needless to say, I got rid of Norton quite quickly, as it pretty much took over my computer, and started using Comodo.

For a while now, probably a year, CIS has been giving me trouble of one kind or another. When I look through the bug reports, I find myself thinking, “Yeah, I’m seeing that problem too” for many of them. The unfortunate thing is that a lot of these were reported initially many months ago, and the problems are still there in the most current version. cfp.exe’s resource usage levels are causing a lot of problems in terms of complete lack of responsiveness for relatively long periods of time up to around 30 seconds. I know it’s cfp.exe from monitoring its CPU usage, and I also disabled it and used the built-in Microsoft firewall long enough to verify that the responsiveness gaps went away when I eliminated CIS. I’ve reported this problem and some others, and as I’ve said, I’ve seen others reporting the same problems for a long time, and nothing ever seems to get done to eliminate these bugs.

I’m losing patience, as the stalls (responsiveness pauses) are VERY annoying, and I’m seriously considering giving ZoneAlarm another try or trying one of the other free firewalls that are currently available and getting good reviews. I realize that CIS is a free app, and complaining about something you’re getting for nothing is kind of tacky, but for Comodo’s sake, I think these issues need to be investigated and dealt with ASAP. It’s obvious I’m not the only one getting fed up.

Mike

You say it started a year ago; how long has CIS been installed?

I’m always puzzled that some people have CPU issues, while others hardly see any impact at all.
It must be their particular mix of programs, drivers (out of date?), OS, etc etc.

You might consider including you ‘stats’ so that people, much smarter than me, can help you.
Or maybe other people who are having similar issues can compare their system to yours.

Put the following programs that you think might cause this high cpu usage in the exclusions of detect shellcode injections and this is how you do it: CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…