CIS hangs on Vista x64

I’m running product version 5.3.181415.1237 & virus signature DB version 7394. When running a full antivirus scan, CIS gets stuck on C:\windows\system32\accessibilitycpl.dll.

The time elapsed on the scanner continues to increment, but the system clock does not. It stays on the above file for 40+ minutes and does not respond to the Pause Scan button or even Ctrl-Alt-Del.

Both times that I had this error, I was running ProLasso 4.0.33 (but have successfully completed scans with ProLasso before).

Please let me how I might help further.

In this case it is likely that cmdagent.exe (Comodo Internet Security Helper Service) has crashed. Can you check this in Event Viewer (Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Event Viewer → Windows logs → System).

When it report the crash please consider filing file a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Also follow How to determine which file is causing a manual scan to hang to determine what file was causing the scanner to be hung. Please add this information to your bug report.