CIS Firewall + uTorrent + VPN tutorial?

Hi everyone,

I was reading on a FileSharing site that Comodo VPN keeps it extremely secure even for the paranoid people.

1.) Does Comodo also free VPN? Or would I need a third party VPN? If I need a third party, would VPNReactor (free) be a option?

2.) I use a lot of torrents, and I live in the USA where people are getting busted more for sharing copyright then downloading it. Are there any tutorial for the Comodo VPN + uTorrent?

Thank you guys!

CIS doesn’t come with a VPN, however, Comodo does offer a product called TrustConnect Although it’s billed as protection for WiFi, it’s an OpenVPN based VPN. I believe there are two versions available, a free version that offers up to 10GB/month and a paid version.

2.) I use a lot of torrents, and I live in the USA where people are getting busted more for sharing copyright then downloading it. Are there any tutorial for the Comodo VPN + uTorrent?

If you download high volumes of data via torrents, you really need a paid service. These days, there are a lot of providers available and prices vary tremendously. as far as tutorials, there are a number on the forums, however, the configuration will, to some extent, be specific to the VPN solution you choose.

Thank you for the info!

Could I use TrustConnect just for myself without using it for WiFi? It would be for one user on a PC.

I have no way of billing. Sorry about that. I am using VPNReactor (free). Do you prefer that VPN, or TrustConnect (free)? Are there any particular tutorials for TrustConnect?

You can - get it from Trustconnect for free!

I have no way of billing. Sorry about that. I am using VPNReactor (free). Do you prefer that VPN, or TrustConnect (free)? Are there any particular tutorials for TrustConnect?

I’m afraid I don’t use either, so I’m not the best person to judge. You can get help from:

Configuration guides for Windows
Comodo TrustConnect

In addition to what you suggested I advice to run a p2p IP filtering blocklist. You can use Peerblock application for this purpose or use another torrent client with the capability to filter IP addresses like Vuze/Azureus.