CIS Firewall not yielding Full Stealth in GRC.COM

I recently installed the lastest version of CIS (3.8…471) on my Vista (32) computer, and when I ran Shields Up (GRC.COM), the ports were not fully stealthed, but only closed, even though I had specified Block All Incoming Connections under the Stealth Ports wizard.

This did not happen under version 3.5 of CIS, nor does it happen under the current version of CIS on my Win XP computer - both of these versions provided fully stealthed ports when tested with Shields Up.

Any advice about this would be appreciated.

Firewall → Stealth Ports Wizard → “Alert me … on a per case basis” → Next

Then retry at GRC :comodorocks:

hullboy,

what do you hope this will accomplish?
the pop up storm during a port scan would be special i bet.

LM7,

As it’s a new Vista install, double check in windows security center that the windows firewall is disabled.
Disable it reboot, and rerun stealth ports if necessary.
Last time I tried Vista it happily let both firewalls run, not cool.

Another possibility is if you are behind a router then the port scan is checking the router and is irrelevant.
You may check if router has a stealth setting.

Later

You can check this https://forums.comodo.com/firewall_bugs/cis_38_468_x32_allows_all_outgoing_connections_without_permission-t34695.15.html
Davidepi posted :“Looks like I have the same problem: no animation in tray. I also use a PPPoE protocol. And I have another question: when I try the grc test, all the ports result stealthed except the no. 0 and 1 which are closed. With windows vista firewall all the ports are stealthed instead. Is it normal? I choose the option sthealth my ports to everyone…”
If you’re using PPPoE and your experiences are similar you have your answer, if not maybe you’re using router or NAT?

Thanks for the link to that post!

Actually, I had the exact same problem as the poster there (ports 0, 1 closed, all the rest stealthed) in version .468, but in .471 the situation is worse, as indicated - all closed, none stealthed!

In any event, I enabled the Windows firewall to solve the problem for the time being, but I think that this issue definitely deserves the attention of the devs (who, as indicated, intend to address it).