CIS Firewall install error.

I removed AVG from my laptop and installed Microsoft Security Essentials because I like the way its working on the Missuss’s machine. I attempted to install Comodo Firewall at least 4 times but when it gets to the Installing Kernel Drivers function - it starts rolling back the install and I get an error message: The install ended pre-maturely because of an error. Then another screen opens with the following:

Cannot install Comando Firewall
Error: 1603. Fatal Error during installation.
Would you like to try again? Yes No

I selected yes the first time and it said the machine needed to be re-started. After the second try and the same results, I deleted all the Comando files and re-downloaded the install program, but got the same results when I attempted to install. I am running Windows XP Home SP3. Got any ideas?

If you are having problems installing please follow the instructions here
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/please-read-this-before-posting-an-installation-problem-t59681.0.html

Please also post the require logs in that topic.

Dennis

Dennis,

Please bear with me. I downloaded DeBugview.

1. I do not know how to run it with Administrator priviledges. Also:

2. In the DebugView menu please select:
    a) menu File → Log to file as… → Log file edit box → select a file (or type a filename) which you will be able to find later Do I make up one?
    b) menu Capture → Capture Win32 This one I found ok
    c) menu Capture → Capture Global Win32 (dont worry if this submenu item does not exist)

3. Using cmd.exe, run firewall installer with the following parameter: “-log log.txt”. This command will create log.txt file near the firewall installer. Where/How do I do this?

This is where I stopped.

Sorry I cannot help you with this, can you please post your question in the same topic I linked to in my first post.

A member of Staff should help with this if you post in that topic.

Dennis