CIS fault crash locks up Windows 7 x64 [NBZ]

The bug/issue

1. What you did: nothing out of the ordinary, just normal computer use, and today it happened again.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Computer programs started locking up one by one, until I could not open or do anything. Ctrl + Alt + Del was unresponsive as well.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: N/A
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Nothing fixed. I had to hard reboot the computer.
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: I am not sure if it is an application compatibility issue, I have not installed anything new. It began after Windows update KB2488113
  6. Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: N/A
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: I can’t reproduce the problem, it happens at random times.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
    Latest event log info:

Faulting application name: cmdagent.exe, version: 5.3.45685.1236, time stamp: 0x4d348b32
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000063af98e
Faulting process id: 0x41c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdd9f9f8c8ec8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 2152ca7f-49cd-11e0-b94d-00241d26adab

Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: N/A
  2. Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: could not get screenshot at the time of crash for obvious reasons.
  3. A CIS config report or file. N/A
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: N/A

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Latest version, 5.3.181415.1237, AV database 7921, Proactive Configuration
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I haven’t tried re-installing CIS
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I’m running Proactive config.
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): Default
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Safe Mode , Sandbox= Enabled , Firewall = Safe Mode , AV = Stateful
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7, 64 bits, UAC enabled, administrator account
  7. Other security and utility software installed: No other security suite installed.
  8. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None.

Hello,

Today my computer locked up (after yesterday’s update KB2488113), with the following error in Windows Event Log:

Faulting application name: cmdagent.exe, version: 5.3.45685.1236, time stamp: 0x4d348b32
Faulting module name: common.cav, version: 5.3.43550.1216, time stamp: 0x4d1a8aad
Exception code: 0xc0000006
Fault offset: 0x00000000000058d0
Faulting process id: 0x46c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdcd729479b0f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\scanners\common.cav
Report Id: 1001c196-48ce-11e0-b6e5-00241d26adab

I had to hard reboot the computer because not even Task Manager would open.

This is the second time this happens in a couple weeks (first time was due to a AV database error, which was fixed after a few hours with the next database update).

I’m not happy.

Edited first post to include required info

We would very much appreciate it if you would edit your first post to create an issue report in line with the bug forum guidelines and format here. You can copy and paste the format from this topic.

To understand the reasons why we ask you to follow these guidelines please see below.

WHY WE ASK YOU TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES
Bugs/issues can be impossible or very time consuming to fix if developers don’t have enough information to reproduce them. Since CIS is free, development time is limited. So if you want your issue fixed, please use the format below to describe it.

To avoid clutter, issues not described in the format below your post will not be moved to the ‘moderator verified’ issues topic. This means that the developers may not look at it.

Best wishes and many thanks in anticipation

HeffeD

The bug/issue

1. What you did: nothing out of the ordinary, just normal computer use, and today it happened again.
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: Computer programs started locking up one by one, until I could not open or do anything. Ctrl + Alt + Del was unresponsive as well.
  3. What you expected to happen or see: N/A
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Nothing fixed. I had to hard reboot the computer.
  5. If its an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: I am not sure if it is an application compatibility issue, I have not installed anything new. It began after Windows update KB2488113
  6. Details & exact version of any application (execpt CIS) involved with download link: N/A
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: I can’t reproduce the problem, it happens at random times.
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons):
    Latest event log info:

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000063af98e
Faulting process id: 0x41c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cbdd9f9f8c8ec8
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 2152ca7f-49cd-11e0-b94d-00241d26adab

Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug: N/A
  2. Screenshots of related CIS event logs and the Defense+ Active Processes List: could not get screenshot at the time of crash for obvious reasons.
  3. A CIS config report or file. N/A
  4. Crash or freeze dump file: N/A

Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: Latest version, 5.3.181415.1237, AV database 7921, Proactive Configuration
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: No
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I haven’t tried re-installing CIS
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: I’m running Proactive config.
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): Default
  5. Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= Safe Mode , Sandbox= Enabled , Firewall = Safe Mode , AV = Stateful
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows 7, 64 bits, UAC enabled, administrator account
  7. Other security and utility software installed: No other security suite installed.
  8. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None.

cool1007, I am also running W7 x64 but have SP1 installed. You might try install SP1 and see if it resolves your problem. I am running the latest CIS and have seen no hang problems. Good luck, John.

Thank you for your suggestion, but that’s not an option for me. I have switched to ESET for the time being. My computer responds much faster now (boot time) and no more lock ups. It’s sad, because I really liked Comodo :cry:

Same problem here, after a long google search, i have found it could come from KB248813. (i also have SP1)

here are my scenario :

1/ if i install KB248813, my computer freeze since i disable comodo AV

2/if i uninstall KB248813, and let comodo AV activate all is NO good (after some time it’s hang)

Any idea ? i dont’ remember if i install KB2488113 before or after SP1 ? is it important ?

So i think is related with AV

Thanks in advance

Thank you for your bug report in the required format.

Moved to verified.

Thank you

Dennis