CIS does not do automatic updates in Windows 10 [M1549]

A. CIS DOES NOT DO AUTOMATIC UPDATES
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Yes, I have 4 real machines running Win7 (2 Ultimate x64, 1 Home x32, 1 Home x64) with CIS 8.2.0.4674. One by one I have migrated them to Win10; in all CIS firewall was not working; I must uninstall CIS and reinstall it; it has done its firsts actualization and its first scan and operates normally, except because it does not do automatic updates anymore.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1: I have ran Win10 update;
2: after update is OK, CIS firewall was not working;
3: I have uninstalled CIS and reinstalled it.
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
CIS firewall e AV seems OK, but none automatic updates.
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
I expected automatic updates works normally.
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
The problem seems CIS does not puts its tasks in Windows scheduled tasks.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
I think the problem is between CIS 8.2.0.4674 and Windows 10, with its last actualizations included today.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
In all these machines, in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo - there is NONE tasks.
I have ran CCleaner in the machines, and in Tools / Startup / Schedule Tasks / Advanced Mode, there is no Comodo entries!
Then, there is presumably a bug in Comodo 8.2.0.4674, because in some machines it does not put regular scheduled tasks in Windows system. And here others softwares can do automatic updates in Win10, like Acronis 12 etc.
Provisory solution:

• As recommended by EricJH in the Comodo Forum, I deleted the COMODO key in
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\COMODO
  • I turned off and turned on CIS updates.
  • Reboot
  • in Control Panel → Administrative Tools → Task Scheduler → Task Scheduler Library → Comodo, 5 entries are now present again!
    B. YOUR SETUP
    Exact CIS version & configuration:
    CIS version: 8.2.0.4674
    Configuration: default.
    Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
    Default.
    Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    Default.
    Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
    Yes, when I have migrated from Win7 to Win10, but after, I have done the reinstall.
    if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    Yes, I have tried many uninstall by Ctrl Panel and new install, without success.
    Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    None.
    if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
    None
    OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (also Windows 10 Home 64 and Windows 10 Home 32), with the last Microsoft actualizations until today. UAC setting default; account: administrator; V. Machine used: none.
    Machine1: Intel Core i7 CPU X990 [at] 3.47 GHz 3.46 GHz, memory 12,0 GB - Win10 Pro 64, with the last Microsoft actualizations until today
    Machine2: Intel Core i7 CPU 920 [at] 2.67 GHz 2.66 GHz, memory 6,00 GB - Win10 Pro 64, with the last Microsoft actualizations until today
    Machine3: Intel Core i5 CPU 2500 [at] 3.30 GHz 3.30 GHz, memory 6 GG - Win10 Home 64, with the last Microsoft actualizations until today
    Machine4: AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor 3.600+ 1.91 GHz, memory 4 GB - Win10 Home 32, with the last Microsoft actualizations until today
    Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
    a=none b=none

[attachment deleted by admin]

I’m seeing the same problem. CIS updated without problems when I was running Win8 and Win8.1. Upgrading to Win10 broke the update procedure.

I have completely un-installed CIS and run a registry cleaner before re-installed it using a freshly downloaded copy of CIS 8.2.0.4674. No improvement.

I attempted to force updates by setting a daily antivirus scan with the option of “Update virus database before running”. That daily scan has NEVER run.

I have to agree with Hugo NM about how it appears that CIS not putting regular scheduled tasks in Windows Task Scheduler system.

Please try this.

Thank, Dennis2. I followed your steps and also found 5 new tasks in COMODO folder in Task Scheduler. Time will tell if updates will now occur automatically.

Thanks again,
Bob

Thanks, Dennis. I followed your suggestion and the problem is solved!
Congratulations!

YES! Automatic updates are now good!

Problem solved.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time, availability, and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Thanks again

I thank you very much. Your attitude confirms the high quality Comodo’s staff.

I thank also to all Comodo’s moderators.

Hugo, São Paulo, Brazil

Seems resolved for the reporter so moving to resolved.