CIS Detects Own Quarantine Folder During Backup And Backup Fails [M673]

A. THE BUG/ISSUE : windows backup fails due to CIS detecting unwanted files in /device/shadowcopy causing the backup to end with an error
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
    Every time
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
    1:Download the Zemana keylogger test from here (although you could use anything detected by CIS):
    http://www.zemana.com/LeakTest/keylogger-test.aspx http://dl9.zemana.com/LeakTest/key_sim.zip
    2:Allow CIS to quarantine it
    3:Start to backup your computer with Windows Backup and after a while the backup process will stop with an error
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:
    I expected the backup to complete
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:not a a software compatibility problem
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
    Windows Backup
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    My guess is that at least sometimes Comodo detects malware it quarantined when windows backup try to copy it from cis quarantine folder to the backup destination, that cause an error with windows backup and makes backup impossible to complete, simply deselecting the quarantine folder from windows backup or just emptying the quarantine fixes the issue
    I am sure there are ways to solve this issue simply, like changing the encryption or compression method used to quarantine malware or just make an exception for windows backup for this folder to prevent those kind of errors
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:
CIS 7.0.313494.4115 default configuration

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
    No
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5 or CIS6?:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
    I have with another computer, the same issue stayed
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
    No
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:
    Yes
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 7 home premium, service pack 1, 64 bit OS
  • Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
    a=None b=None
    [/ol]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you for reporting that. Please edit your first post so that it is in the format provided here.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks.

thanks for answering i have used the official format now

Thanks. I have edited the first post slightly. Please look it over and make sure that all of the information is correct. Also, if possible would you mind uninstalling V6, and installing V7 (from this topic)? The new official version is out, although it has not yet been pushed to the internal updaters. Therefore, I’d like to make sure this is not fixed with V7 before I send this to the devs.

Also, please attach a diagnostics report to your first post.

Thanks.

i attached the diagnostics, now ill install v7

Thanks. Let me know if it also occurs with V7. If it does then please attach a diagnostics report from V7 to your next reply.

yup, still happens on v7 and i attached the diagnostic report.

by the way, im very impressed by this Viruscope feature, thanks for telling me about V7

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again.

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.0.0.4337) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

Should be fixed with CIS 8.2.0.5005 so moving to resolved. If you feel this is not fixed please PM a moderator. Thanks.