A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject, NOT here.
- Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: Yes. I can be reproduced.
- If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:
[li]Install Windows 8.1
- Install CIS 6.3
- Open Advanced Settings and navigate to Configuration
- Optional: Import an additional configuration – just for testing.
- Select one of the three configurations (“COMODO - Firewall Security”, “COMODO - Proactive Security” and “COMODO - Antivirus Security”) and issue a delete command. CIS reports it is deleted. It goes off the list.
- Select a second profile and issue a delete command. CIS reports deletion failed. Any subsequent attempt to delete anything means an error message.
- Exit the Advanced Settings dialog box. The wrong configuration is in effect. CIS deleted something but that wasn’t what it was told.
- Open Registry Editor and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Software\COMODO\Firewall Pro\Configurations. Observe that all configuration profiles are intact; only somehow, CIS doesn’t show them.
From there I can delete or activate whichever I wish. In one case I found six configs there, from 0 to 5.
[/li]- If not obvious, what U expected to happen: N/A
- If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?: N/A
- Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: None.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc: See here: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/configuration-deletion-trouble-bug-or-not-t99663.0.html
B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration: 6.3.294583.2937 and later , all configurations, including 6.3.301250.2972
- Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: Firewall=Default, AV=not installed, others=default
- Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): No.
Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?: No
[li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: N/A
[/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS: Occurred both with and without doing so.
[li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: Yes. Occurred regardless.
[/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used: (Windows 7 SP1, real computer), (Windows 8.1 IA-32, UAC Enabled, admin account, checked with VMware)
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: None
A video of this issue can be downloaded from here:
[attachment deleted by admin]