A. The bug/issue
- What you did: used computer normally- I was typing in notepad. Had recently checked to enable advanced protection, but was finishing up some code before restarting.
- What actually happened or you actually saw: Every character in every open document turned into squares, the time in the bottom right was replaced by a couple of lines of Chinese characters, almost every application I had open at the time said exception 0x1 had occurred (I believe that’s memory?), clicking on shortcuts didn’t do anything and I couldn’t open any programs, dllhost.exe took up 2gb in task manager, and when I tried to dump it to disk windows said it couldn’t find drive c, and when I clicked restart the attached error message popped up- clicking ok did nothing, so I clicked the x and got a BSOD. Memcheck reports all good.
- What you expected to happen or see: none of the above :-p.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: nope
- If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?:
- Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware):
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: nope
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): comodo driver overwrote memory it shouldn’t have, started a cascade of awful
B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).
- Screenshots of the Defense plus Active Processes List (Required for all issues): attached
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: attached
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs: no logs for this
- A CIS config report or file. attached
- Crash or freeze dump file: dump is 1.2gb in size, attached windbg output. Willing to upload at dev request.
- Screenshot of More~About page. Can be used instead of typed product and AV database version.
C. Your set-up
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: attached screenshot, configuration=internet security
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: no
b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?:
- Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): no
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security levels: D+= safe, Sandbox= enabled, Firewall = safe, AV = on access
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: win7ult s1 64x, UAC on, admin, also attached screenshot
- Other security and utility software currently installed: none
- Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: none
- Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): none, only installed post event
[attachment deleted by admin]