I’m a programmer and I have created a small service application. It is a simple socket server that listens on port 9091 and sends data to connected programs. Using XP service pack3. This has worked great until I installed CIS3.5.5… (previously used ZA all fully uninstalled)
I can connect to the service and it comes up in the active connections but it closes down instantly and the socket only receives a connecting state never a connected state. The worrying thing is that if I set the firewall to off the same happens and if I uninstall the firewall its the same. The only thing that works is uninstalling the whole of CIS then it works again.
If uninstalling the firewall does not work I can only presume the problem is with Defence+ please try deleting all rules for your app. then put Defence+ in training mode for a short time when you run your app.
EDIT It should show in the Defence+ logs if something is blocked but does not sometimes.