- What you did: When I run the link " http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt " in the Firefox 4, CIS antivirus detects nothing and the EICAR test page is loaded (correct would be to warn and block).
- What actually happened or you actually saw: The EICAR test page is loaded (correct would be to warn and block).
- What you expected to happen or see: I expected this EICAR test page is warned and blocked and no loaded.
- How you tried to fix it & what happened: nothing to do.
- If it’s an application compatibility problem have you tried the application fixes here?: no
- Details & exact version of any application (except CIS) involved with download link: Firefox 4
- Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so precise steps to make it happen: run the link " http://www.eicar.org/download/eicar.com.txt " in the Firefox 4
- Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): no
- Screenshots illustrating the bug: no
- Screenshots of related CIS event logs or the Defense+ Active Processes List: no
- A CIS config. report or file: no
- Crash or freeze dump file: no
- CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 5.3.181415.1237, Proactive config, Firewall and Antivírus default.
- a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 3 or 4: no
b) if so, have you tried reinstalling (if not please do)?: Yes
- a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: no
b) if so, have U tried a preset config (if not please do)?: -
- Ave you made any other major changes to the default config (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
- Defense+, Sandbox, Firewall & AV security level: D+=Safe, Sandbox=disable, Firewall=Safe, AV=Stateful
- OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Windows XP Pro, SP2, 32 bit, Admin account.
- Other security and utility software installed: no
- Virtual machine used: no