CIS and upgrading to Win 10 from Win 7

I’m not really sure on the section this should have been posted in, if it needs to be moved feel free.

I’m curious about this Win 7 upgrade to Win 10, so I see they said that for Home edition updates are going to be forced on users. Will CIS allow us to block that feature since not all of the people have unlimited internet data plans and Microsoft just deciding to download and waste your data to install updates that may not even be ready for the real world and totally brick PCs, like they have done in the past?

I have also heard they are going to possible be leaving open ways to push advertisements to the PCs, which will tend to annoy plenty of users, could those be blocked by CIS as well?

I am just wondering how much play CIS is going to allow Win 10, cause at this point I think I’m going to leave my PCs and clients PCs on Win 7, since a lot of features are graphic intensive and use touchscreen, which many users have yet to even upgrade too.

Windows 10 does not require a touch screen to work.

My bad that was poor wording on my part. Didn’t mean it required a touchscreen, meant it’s been around and coming more common. Just not many users even have that feature available on their devices and it might sway them away since they “assume” they would have to purchase new devices.

Windows 10 is designed to cater to the Windows 7 users, since not many upgraded to 8/8.1, and Microsoft does want [everyone] to upgrade.
Windows 10 does not assume you have a touch screen, so it is not a [future] requirement.
If memory serves correct, only tablets and phones are assumed to be touch screen.

You can disable this in Windows. Iirc you need to click or right click on the icon in the systray and change the settings.

Microsoft is very eager on upgrading everybody to Windows 10 preferably by July 29. In order to spread the load on their servers they are trying to convince as many people to decide now they want to upgrade.

There is no need or obligation to upgrade to Windows 10.

Cautious users were wondering whether they are infected with some form of malware when they got the notification about Windows 10. Now that’s ironic and indicative of a sense of aggressiveness of the campaign.

I have also heard they are going to possible be leaving open ways to push advertisements to the PCs, which will tend to annoy plenty of users, could those be blocked by CIS as well?
Adverts would be for a possible free version that Microsoft was considering releasing.
I am just wondering how much play CIS is going to allow Win 10, cause at this point I think I'm going to leave my PCs and clients PCs on Win 7, since a lot of features are graphic intensive and use touchscreen, which many users have yet to even upgrade too.
Windows 10 does neither prefers nor requires touch screens. Windows 10 will run lighter than Windows 7. I don't see a hardware limitation when considering upgrading a system that runs on Windows 7.

I think he meant that in windows 10 it will force updates on users, which is true, in windows 10 users of home won’t be able to say no nor delay updates, users of pro will be able to delay updates, users of enterprise will be able to delay updates and may be able to dismiss an update completely.

I am using a pro version of Win 8.1 and I can indeed disable it.

Paul Thurrot describes how to uninstall it and hide the update: Ask Paul: Why Do You Need to Reserve the Windows 10 Upgrade? - Thurrott.com . I hope that helps.

I was reading this article earlier. The upgrade can be disabled, and the Windows 10 upgrade icon hidden.
This upgrade is not being forced onto any user.

Not the update from win x to windows 10, the normal windows updates for when you have windows 10 installed.

This only applies to the Home version of Windows 10. (MicroSoft will get a backlash for it)

Not only home though, Home version can’t say no to updates and can’t delay updates, Pro can’t say no to updates but can delay them, Enterprise can delay updates and may be able to say no (not sure about the last part) that is the current info, it may of course change.

Edit: I’ve seen more people say that it’s only for Home version so far but haven’t seen any source, my information above may be outdated so if you have any source for the statement that it’s only relevant for Home version then I’d love to see it so I don’t hold on outdated information.