CIS and MirrorFolder 4

Hi all

MirrorFolder (MirrorFolder: an automatic and continuous file synchronization and backup software) is a real-time mirroring and synchronization software to backup files from your local computer drive to another local/removable/network drive.

I have upgraded to CIS 3.5 and the two programs don’t get along well. System just gets unresponsive at startup, and eventually freezes, forcing a shut-down.

With my previous security configuration (CFP 3.0.25 + avast! 4.8) there were no problems.

Some more system info:
Windows XP SP3 32-bit
CIS 3.5.53896.424 x32
MirrorFolder 4.1.194

I have temporarily uninstalled MirrorFolder and everything is working well, but it would be great to have it working again.

Thanks

Marco

I am having the same issue. I have posted a detailed bug report.

Have you tried putting D+ in training mode when running the backup program initiall?

Also Comodo Backup is recently out of Beta and in public release, might want to check it out.

E

Hi Eric, thanks for the response. I did look at Comodo backup while researching, before settling on MirrorFolder. I can give it another look, but since I’ve already paid for MirrorFolder, I would sure like it to work.

So are saying to install MirrorFolder, then put Defense+ into training mode, and then reboot the computer, as a test for the problem I reported in the detailed bug report linked above?