CIS and Chrome portable

I finally updated to latest Comodo IS (and imported exported filelist from older CIS and naturally new CIS didn’t allow progs previously allowed to access things access to those things w/o CIS popping alerts) but after installation it takes quite a while (feels like minute or 2) before Chrome portable (from portableapps.com) starts after dblclicking GoogleChromePortable.exe while before it started in seconds. That exe has trusted check so CIS doesn’t block it just delays it’s starting.

Same settings than on prev. CIS (scan on access, safe modes, etc) but still that delay on Chrome portable (no matter if it has clean history or not).

What setting I should change so I don’t need to wait “eternity” when I want to use Chrome portable?

Hi cuser,

Thank you for Reporting.

1. Could you please mention your Chrome portable Version.
  2. And kindly send us the GoogleChromePortable.exe file or else SHA1 value.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
PD

version: Version 78.0.3904.108 (Official Build) (32-bit) (latest from portableapps, might not be latest chrome)

exe attached

sometimes it starts nornally and other times it takes “ages”.

Hi cuser,

Thank you for providing the info,we will check this and notify you.

Regards,
PD

Ran diagnostics and CIS pulled out 1.26GB report (10 dmp-files, 1 xml and 1 evtx file) so which of those I should attach/share?

I guess I have to use newer CIS uninstaller and reinstall CIS.

Sounds like cavwp is crashing which was a known issue with 12.1 that has been fixed in 12.2. You should check with the new 12.2.0.6938 beta to see if you still experience the issue. Due note you will need to use the uninstaller tool to properly uninstall CIS, as a different bug affecting 12.1 with regards to uninstalling CIS which is also fixed in the new beta.

Uninstalled CIS with latest CIS uninstaller and then re-installed current stable CIS and ran diagnostics and still has errors so I’ll revert back to 12.0.x.6818 if you can give me link to it (full not online installer).

Apparently CIS gets broken when Win10 updates itself to newer version since other comp using same old 12.0.x.6818 version also reports about problems (attached).

Hi cuser,

Diagnostics error is an known issue and it will be resolved and reflected in the upcoming stable release.

Kindly use the Uninstaller Tool for cleaning of your PC and Re-install the latest v12.2.0.6938 Beta 1 version and check. If it persist’s in the same condition in the sense don’t hesitate to ping us.

While installing BETA version Kindly add in host entries: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

178.255.86.194 download.comodo.com
178.255.86.194 www.download.comodo.com

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
PD

Will test it later.

Installed CIS beta and chrome portable seems to start quicker (used it 1.5 hrs ago so …) but that doesn’t mean anything since with 12.1.x it occasionally started normally.

Diagnostics finds errors which CIS can’t fix, report attached.