as the title says, when loading a fresh installed game and creating Defense+ rules, once in-game the system locks because an alert is active in the background. Ctrl-ALt-Delete, Alt-Tab, Windows key+whatever… nothing activates the alert thus the system hangs. I had this in early v3 CFP versions also yet got ok some v3.0 version, back in 3.5… 88)
Can you please post the requested information from the
IMPORTANT: HOW TO SUBMIT BUGREPORTS (READ THIS IF YOU WANT THEM FIXED)
- CPU (32 bit or 64 bit) ~ goes for both
- Operating System information (including Service Pack Version): XP/Vista
- Specific symptoms of the bug, and steps you can take to reproduce it (step by step): see first message above; reproduction of the error: had it at several occasions already; sideeffect=loss of latest registry data where the lock is occurring
- Brief description of your Defense+ and Firewall+ mode (Custom, Train with safe)…: Paranoid mode, lower settings (Safe & Training mode e.g.) simply add a ‘*’ as allowed item in the “Protected Registry Keys” and “Protected Files/Folders” and do not add the specific rule
- Report if you are using an Administrator account Or a Limited User account. Vista users please Report if you have UAC Disabled or Enabled (Optional if you post a Comodo Firewall Pro Configuration Report): running as Admin.
I have this problem too, I can circumvent the problem by putting the firewall and defense+ in training mode.
But it is annoying because I always forget this the first time and the only thing you can do then is pressing the reset button.
This is nothing new…