CIS after update 4508 problem May 2015 (UPDATE-conflicting application found)

At first thank you for great CIS SW which I use without any problems for many years.

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
After update to version 4508 CIS have damaged basic W7 64 Home Premium functions such as Task manager, Language panel, Speaker control, Calculator or Restoration tool. Also it seems some programs are broken - CCleaner, Total Commander or WinRar.
I am not 100% sure that problems have started from 4508 version, but I am sure still 26.4.2015 everything worked fine, after came some automatic update of CIS and then problems have started.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1: CIS automatic update instalation, Laptop restart, problems have started.
2: Factory restoration of whole system (all system files and programs deleted, WIN7 installed) by Lenovo “OneKey Recovery”
3: Installation of all WIN updates
4: Instalation of fresh CIS installer, restart = NOT HELPED
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
Basic WIN tools damaged / do not start such as Task manager
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
Task manager, Language panel, Speaker control, Calculator or Restoration tool. CCleaner, Total Commander or WinRar.
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
I guess there could be some conflict between CIS and some programme, because on another computer updated CIS runs fine.
I restored my Lenovo Y580 laptop to its factory setting, installed all WIN updates, installed fresh CIS - Firewall and Antivirus modules only.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Product Version: 8.2.0.4508
Database Version: 22014
Configuration: I tried to switch all 3 (Internet Security, Proactive, Firewall)
Configuration: installed only Firewall and Antivirus, I tried to switch off/on all modules Firewall, Antivirus, AutoSandbo, HIPS and Virusscope
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
I tried to switch off/on all modules Firewall, Antivirus, AutoSandbo, HIPS and Virusscope
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
no
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
no
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
no
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
WIN7 64, SP1, all updates installed, 6.1.7601.18798, administrator rights, no virtual machine
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=no b=some kind of MCAfee antivirus trial version came with factory setting (uninstalled before CIS instalation)

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES
Attached:
CIS diagnostic file
KillSwitch cannot run
files from AutoRuns (*.arn or *.txt)
video link: - YouTube

Thank You

SOLUTION
The application which have begun to be in conflict with CIS is Lenovo OneKey Theater version 2.0.2.9
c:\program files (x86)\lenovo\onekey theater\onekeystudio.exe
After disabling it for run after start, everything works fine now.
SOLUTION

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please test this issue with version <8.2.0.4591> and attach ‘Lenovo OneKey Theater 2.0.2.9’.

Thanks.

I will move this one to “Incomplete” section.

Thanks.