CIS 8 installation stuck at 3%

The title says it all. It just gives me “Activating license” message, but nothing happens.

Hi NiramX

Sorry you are having this problem. Please try a clean install using the method suggested here:
https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/most-effective-way-to-reinstallupdate-cis-to-avoidfix-problems-t58620.0.html

If that does not work please submit a bug report in standard format in the bugs board.

Kind regards

Mike

It didn’t help, but thanks anyway. :slight_smile: I did a thorough manual search for registry keys and leftover files. After deleting them it finally worked.

Interesting. Could you tell me which keys and files were not deleted by Chirons recommended uninstallers. This is the second report that suggests those tools have not been updated for 8.0

Interesting. Could you tell me which keys and files were not deleted by Chirons recommended uninstallers. This is the second report that suggests those tools have not been fully updated for 8.0.

I don’t remebrer precisely, but they were in both CURRENT_USER and LOCAL_MACHINE. One grup was named ComodoGroup and the other one just Comodo.