CIS 8.2.0.4508 problem with Windows Security Center on Vista [merged]

Installed the new version to day but the security center warns that no firewall is installed and that Comodo Internet Security is reporting in a format that is
no longer supported… :cry: :-TD

How do i fix this issue?? for now the only thing is to disable the security center…

Hi.

Installed latest build and now Vista Security Center says no firewall installed. And under Virus protection it says…Comodo antivirus is installed but are reporting its status in
a format that is no longer supported. Contact the producer for an updated version off the program.

This must be a bug please fix …

Hi airborne,
Rebuilding the systems WMI repository may fix the issue.
Security Center - Not Reporting Correct Information-VistaForums

Hope that helps.

Sorry but this dont help. The security center is working. Its a bug in this new CIS build.

Please fix ASP :frowning:

The Vista Security Center say that i must contact Comodo for an updated version off the program. This must be a bug :-TD

Can anyone else using Vista replicate this issue?

Thanks.

Please use the required format.

Thanks.

I did a test and downloaded the versions before this Comodo Internet Security 8.1.0.4426

With this version Vista Security center work… so it is a bug in latest version :frowning:

Please try to replicate the issue with version <8.2.0.4508>.

Thanks.

Try the Security Center reset. Does that do the trick for you?

Open a command prompt by clicking Start → Run. Type cmd and click OK.

In the command prompt window, type NET STOP WINMGMT /Y and press ENTER.

Type REN %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\WBEM\REPOSITORY REP.OLD and press ENTER.

Type EXIT and press ENTER to close the window.

Restart the system. Windows should start normally, but you may be prompted to restart the system once more to complete the changes caused by resetting the core repository. You may also need to restart once more if Windows Security Center still does not detect your security product.

Installed latest version again. And the Security Center don’t work. Security Center says that Cis is sending information in an no longer supported way…and that I should contact Comodo for an updated version off the program

i was able to run the commands under safe mode

but i’m still getting the windows security center messages, incompatibility, etc

also the windows security center no longer gives the option to enable cis firewall, just give the windows firewall option

so i’m stuck, not sure what to try next

also, not sure if my puter is protected since the cis widget is displaying safe

any ideas of what to try? should i download latest version and uninstall the existing?

thanks

I trust what CIS reports over what Windows Security Center reports.

Or try try reinstalling CIS following Most Effective Way to Reinstall CIS to Avoid/Fix Problems by my colleague Chiron. It will provide a reliable clean starting point.

tried everything mentioned so far, revo, other stuff like the unistall tool mentioned in the other thread, safe mode, total reinstall

same result, both firewall and antivirus not recognized by windows security center

It looks like this in Vista 32bit

[attachment deleted by admin]

Then I am out of ideas at the moment. Unless somebody else comes up with a new angle I can only suggest to disable the notification by Windows Security Center. :-\

Its a bug in this new version that needs to be fixed by an update to the program :-TD

I just done the latest update and my Windows Security center on Vista 32bit sp2 and i am being told Windows and Comodo Firewalls Both report they are turned off,i can not turn on Comodo Firewall because it thinks it is turned on.also it now conflicts with Unlocker Assistant and that disables itself and i don’t like the new sound,fortunatly i have time machine so i went back to the working snapshot,Stopping updating Time Machine was the most ridiculous move any software maker ever made,im just glad it still worked with windows 7.on windows 7 the update is fine but because i don’t like the new sound i changed the sound wave file and now it thinks i did not update the program at all.The old sound got my attention,this new one is too easy to ignore.
Modify message
i am sorry if i just posted this in reply to a previous update,this is the update of today,if i posted twice i do apologise.

Just came here to check on this problem… installed on 2 Vista systems, both having this issue exactly as described.

SAME HERE!
One home computer Windows 7 64-bit SP1 → no problems
One home computer Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2 → problems finding Cis Firewall + Antivirus + Defense in Vista Security Center

WMI repository checked out to be OK, so I didn’t need to salvage it.

Good luck bug fixing!
Cheers