Cis 7.x Incompatible with AMD and HP drivers

CIS blocks parts of AMD video driver (14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql) and HP video driver updates (Same only version 13.x)

It installer the driver files, all programs like catalyst controll center and so on are non functional after installations.
Workaround: Uninstall CIS then install drivers.

COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142
Windows 8.1 64bit

AMD driver: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe
(for laptop A-10 APU )

Are these files in the Unrecognized Files list? If so, does adding them to Trusted, and running a Rating Scan, able to solve this issue?

Thanks.

CIS blocks parts of AMD video driver (14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql) and HP video driver updates (Same only version 13.x)

It installer the driver files, all programs like catalyst controll center and so on are non functional after installations.
Workaround: Uninstall CIS then install drivers.

COMODO Internet Security 7.0.317799.4142
Windows 8.1 64bit

AMD driver: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/mobile/14-4-mobility-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe
(for laptop A-10 APU )

I merged your double topic with your first topic on this problem. Please don’t create double topics or bump within 24 hrs.

Probably the dll files of the CCC are not recognised and on the Unrecognised Files list. Run Rating Scan and make all CCC files Trusted. It’s a tedious job because it is 100+ files.

Please let me know if adding these files to the Trusted Files List was able to solve this issue.

Thanks.

Was adding these files to the Trusted Files list able to solve this issue?

Hello I have the Catalyst 14.4 installed which comes with the driver. Even when I excepted and trusted MOM.exe CCC.exe(both are processes from the Cataylist) when I did a rating scan it showed the ccc.ni.exe as unknown. This doesn’t show up on the Killswitch but I believe it should be trusted as well correct? Also when I do a rating scan it shows a lot of unknown .dll files. Many to do with the AMD Catalyst and .netFramework(I believe that also installed with the AMD Catalyst. Here’s a small list of some of the .dll files marked as unknown. When I use the rating scan I check under details the Product name lists it under AMD or .netFramework.

atiumd64.dll

system.drawing.ni.dll

system.web.ni.dll

dem.graphics.i0706.ni.dll

aem.actions.ccaa.shared.ni.dll

aem.plugin.hotkeys.shared.ni.dll

pckghlp.foundation.private.ni.dll

fuel.foundation.ni.dll

presentationcore.ni.dll

a4.foundation.ni.dll

cli.aspect.wirelessdisplay.graphics.shared.ni.dll

localization.foundation.implementation.default_localization.dll

So my question is should I set all of the .dll files and the ccc.ni.exe to trusted?

Hi,

Please post a request here.

Before I submit something to the whitelist I would need to know these are safe and able to be trusted correct? Although I know that these came with the Catalyst and it’s safe I’m not sure how dll files work exactly. There’s over 140 of these listed as unknown.

If you are sure that they came with Catalyst it should be safe to add them to the Trusted Files List.

Dll files can be called by programs and system files to perform tasks. The CCC has a big list of dll files:

Have you been able to add them all to the Trusted Files list? If so, was that able to solve this issue?

Thanks.

It appears that adding these files to the Trusted Files list will be able to solve this problem. I will therefore move this topic to the HELP section of the forum. Let me know if adding them all to the Trusted Files list is not able to solve this.

Thank you.

What generation is your APU? Any driver after 13.4 does not work correctly for first generation Llano APU’s. Anything newer was made for the Enduro technology supported by the newer processors. I had the exact same problems on my Llano based laptop so I stick with 13.4 on it. I had no problems installing that.

EDIT: Apparently the A10’s are only second generation “Trinity” or newer so now I’m not sure why you had the problem. Do you have a discrete video card or are you using just the APU built in graphics?

14.4 has no problems whatsoever on this FX6300 machine with an R9-270X. I had no need to manually add anything to the Trusted Files list.