CIS 5

Is this a CIS or any other prob??

Sometimes the system bootup fast & sometimes 25-30 secs delay.

After welcome screen the desktop appears but sometimes after the welcome screen a blank screen for 25-30 secs & desktop appears.

If I uninstall CIS the system bootsup fine no probs ( I had uninstalled CIS & installed Avast free with windows firewall for 15 days)

Whats the prob here?? Any info & solution??

Win xp sp3 fully updated
CIS Suite default settings
MBAM free ondemand scanner
No other security software

Thanxx
Naren

After welcome screen the desktop appears but sometimes after the welcome screen a blank screen for 25-30 secs & desktop appears
While I never heard of that, my question is - Before the desktop appers, have you checked to see if explorer.exe is running before the desktop appears?? <--- like about 5 seconds or so after the welcome screen. Maybe it's interfering with explorer.exe. The desktop WILL NOT appear without explorer.exe starting
If I uninstall CIS the system bootsup fine no probs ( I had uninstalled CIS & installed Avast free with windows firewall for 15 days)
If you ever install CIS again and it happens again, wait until the desktop shows up and do this
To Configure Your Computer for a Complete Memory Dump or for a Kernel Memory Dump If you cannot locate a complete memory dump file or a complete kernel memory dump file, you can configure your computer to record them by generating an event report. To do so, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type control sysdm.cpl, and then click OK.
  3. On the Advanced tab, in the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  4. In the Write debugging information list, click Complete memory dump or click Kernel memory dump, and then click OK.
  5. Click OK to close the System Properties dialog box.
  6. In the System Settings Change dialog box, click Yes if you want to restart your computer now. Click No if you want to restart your computer later.
To Locate and Store the Complete Memory Dump or the Kernel Memory Dump If your computer is already configured to record complete memory dumps or kernel memory dumps, locate the complete memory dump (.dmp) file, compress it to a .zip format, and store it where ever you like on your computer or removable media device. To do so, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Search.

2. Click All files and folders.

3. In the All or part of the file name box, type *.dmp.

4. In the Look in box, click the drive that contains your Windows folder. If you have configured Windows to write debugging information to a different drive, click this drive instead of your Windows drive.

5. Click More advanced options, and then make sure that the Search system folders check box is selected.

6. Click Search.
    Windows searches your drive for all .dmp files.

Note A .dmp file is typically saved as Memory.dmp in your Windows folder. If you have configured Windows to write debugging information to a different file name, adjust the file name in the steps that follow accordingly. If you cannot locate a .dmp file by using these steps, follow the steps that are in the To Configure Your Computer for a Complete or Kernel Memory Dump section of this article.

7. Right-click the .dmp file in the Search Results dialog box, point to Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder.

Note If you have a third-party file compression program installed, you may be prompted to designate Compressed (zipped) Folders as the program that you want to use to open .zip format files. Click No when you receive the following message:
    For Compressed (zipped) Folders to handle ZIP files correctly, the application associated with them must be Compressed (zipped) Folders. Currently this is not the case.

Do you want to designate Compressed (zipped) Folders as the application for handling ZIP files?

1. after it’s zipped up, go to www.megaupload.com
  2. upload the file there and save the link
  3. Comodo Forum <----Create a topic here and post the link for it here and what the problem is.

P.S. Whether it’s for comodo or any other software like games for that matter, this is the best way to report the problem happening on your computer and get it fixed. :slight_smile:

Why post the .dmp zipped file to some third-party service, when if you look down on the page when you type your post you will see something in red that sais Additional Options and if you click it you can choose the option to Attach Files ?!
That’s what I did when submitted a bug in the Report Bugs category !

Good luck !

Why post the .dmp zipped file to some third-party service, when if you look down on the page when you type your post you will see something in red that sais Additional Options and if you click it you can choose the option to Attach Files ?!
The reason why (see below)
Allowed file types: txt, doc, jpg, gif, mpg, png, zip, mp3, rar, jpeg, xls, sdb, md5, 7z, log, cbu, pdf Maximum attachment size allowed: 12500 KB, per post: 20
.dmp files isn't on the list

???!!!

Let me see if I get this straight (sorry if I don’t, english is not my native language)… you tell him to zip the .dmp file thus creating a zip archive… I see there in the list that zip files (archives) are supported but only to a certain size which you mention there.
So IF his zip file fits the size, why not send it here with a post in the Bug Report category on the forum, why should he go and create an account on another site ?!

Do you want to have a look at his .dmp file to do malware research ? I thought we post our bug reports here in the Bug Report section and not in some site. Sorry if I’m paranoid but I don’t trust any other site that doesn’t belong to Comodo, especially when is about my security and especially when is about my .dmp ! Someone with the right knowledge can find alot about your security and a way to compromise it if he gets his hands on your .dmp file !

Let me see if I get this straight (sorry if I don't, english is not my native language)
I'll take your word on it :■■■■
I see there in the list that zip files (archives) are supported but only to a certain size which you mention there
That's correct
So IF his zip file fits the size, why not send it here with a post in the Bug Report category on the forum
I agree, but guess what happens if it goes past the limit
why should he go and create an account on another site ?
You don't know what your talking about :P 1) go to www.megaupload.com 2) click on "browse" 3) find the .zip file to upload 4) after you click on the file, click on "send" 5) When it's done you will have a link to it
Do you want to have a look at his .dmp file to do malware research ?
LOL :) I'll be a nice guy and pretend I didn't read that. Don't you think there are many easier and better ways on going about it :P
Sorry if I'm paranoid
Your forgiven :■■■■
Someone with the right knowledge can find alot about your security and a way to compromise it if he gets his hands on your .dmp file
Seriously, you need a tinfoil hat