CIS 5.5 with bufferzone 3.42 boot-gui-crash

bufferzone was installed with CIS 5.3 and everything worked fine. The internal update from 5.3 to 5.5 seems to work well, but after reboot the pc needs a very long time for boot. after several minites only the cursor appears. The system can not be used. Restore basckup with CIS 5.3 ererything works fine, update to 5.5 then the some problem.
Registry-hacks described in forum has no effect.
Deinstall CIS 5.5 from safemode bufferzone works fine.
It seems the problem is CIS 5.5, only this version.
Want can I do?
Like CIS and BZ!!

Does any of the workarounds in App. is not working correctly, but does not seem to be s/boxed. What to do? [v5] bring a solution here?

I use Win 7 prof.
I tried your link, but all had no effect.
There I checked deinstall, boot, clean registry, boot, reinstall without impoting config.
And second add to trust apps in firewall and defense+ (for all exe).

If I switch off the firewall and defense+ there is the same bad result, virus protection is not installed.

Very strange, but after deinstall CIS 5.5 and install 5.3 everything looks good.

Do you have an other idee?

Thanks Fred

Try disabling the loading of guard32.dll and see if that brings a solution or not.

Can you also show a screenshot of Defense + logs of around boot time? They can be found in View Defense + Events.

With a parallel installation of win xp I deleted guard32.dll in comodos’s subdirectory epair and in windows\system32. After boot I installed bufferzone and reboot.
Always the same effect: vewry long boot-time, and then black screen with cursor and no response. So I was not able to get the log entries, sorry.

Fred

Did you keep a spare copy of guard32.dll to put it back in place again?

I attached a zipped copy of it with this post.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I took a full-Backup from drive c: with installed CIS 5.5. So after installing BZ and getting boot gui error i can restore the original system.
Now this restored system with CIS and not installed BZ is running.

What can I test now?

Fred

There are two things you can test before I, more than likely, will advice you to file an official bug report.

Usually this is related to D+. First thing to try is to disable D+ by moving down the slider to disabled and see if that changes things or not; my guess is that it won’t help. Then try to Deactivate Defense+ permanently(Requires a system restart) and let us know if that changed things or not.

Deactivating defense+ and instlling BZ without reboot tested before, same bad effect.
Now deactivating defense+, reboot, installing BZ and the same boot gui fail.
I hope it’s a bug and not a new feature :wink:

I go back to 5.3 with running BZ and hope this bug can be solved.

Thanks Fred

This truly is a bug. Please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

If Comodo Time Machine is installed then that’s the reason for crashes - when CTM and BZ are together they cause crashes.

No, no, only CIS free 5.5 and BZ 3.4

OK, sorry for intruding into the talk. Just had such problem with CTM and BZ.