CIS 5.3 wont work properly on 32-bit.?

Ive got two computers.
one a 64-bit and the other a 32-bit.
On my 64-bit i have CISV5.3 installed and that runs just fine.
But unfortunately the 32-bit would not not run well at all.
It went into a initializing loop when i first ran the program.
When it eventually ran i performed a full scan which went into a scanning loop which lasted about 4 hours.
Ive sadly had to uninstall from the 32-bit computer.
Is there a problem with the 32-bit version.?
I may try and install again shortly.
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

No problems on Win 7, Vista P.,and XP pro all x32.

Possible software conflict or leftovers from other security software or previous versions of CIS.

Dennis

Hey there Darren :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear the sad news but here is something the might bring CIS with full power and that 100% :wink: Could you tell us what other antivirus software you had before CIS? Open google and write removal tools and the name of the AV vendor. Since you uninstalled CIS I recommend you to use CIS clean up tool as admin in safe mode. I also recommend you to install CIS as admin.

I hope this will help.

Regards,
Valentin N

I had the same problem about a year ago. I was using ZoneAlarm and just uninstalled it through add/remove programs. CIS ran very very slow. I downloaded ZoneAlarm removal tool and got rid of all of its ■■■■ now CIS is running smooth as silk. I have CIS 5.3 now and loving it.

I am running XP Pro SP3 x32.

Jerry

Thanks for the advice everyone im going to try that later.
I hope it works.

regards.

:rocks: (:CLP)

Working fine here on Win 7, Vista and XP x32 here. To add to Dennis advice a standard advice from my Opera Notes collection:
Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

i downloaded and installed comodo firewall successfully yippee haha.
its running fine now.
i have comodo cleaning essentials too.
and im using avast5 as my antivrus.

many thanks to you.

I am glad I can help :slight_smile: This is only a suggestion that you might want to keep in mind in case you see high cpu usage or unknown behavior. Add Avast in exclusions of detect shellcode injection (CIS —> Defense+ —> Defense+ Settings —> Execution control Settings —> Detect shellcode injections (i.e. Buffer overflow protection) —> Exclusions —> Add —> Browse…)