- Vista Home Premium 64bit SP1 (with all patches installed except two)
- Avira Free (on-demand), BOClean, Windows Defender, SafeSurf, CIS
- I was browsing the internet today when, suddenly, firefox froze. I lost my internet connection, so I clicked on the CIS icon in the taskbar and I was greeted by a window which you can see as an attachment. I pressed OK and another little window popped up which goes like this (I had to translate it):
cfp.exe - application error
In the application there was an unknown software exception (0x40000015) under the address: 0x40137667.
Press Ok to terminate this application.
- Restarting CIS works.
- Firewall [at] Safe Mode (stealth my ports to everyone, protect arp cache, block gratuitous arp frames, block fragmented IP datagrams, do protocol analysis, do packet checksum verification)
Defense+ [at] Clean PC Mode (trust the applications digitally signed by TSV, block all the unknown requests when the application is closed, everything ticked in Monitor Settings, Image Execution Control Level [at] Normal, detect shellcode injections ticked)
- Administrator account with UAC disabled
[attachment deleted by admin]