CIS 3.13 and mIRC

I’ve been using popular P2P clients for years now, but used to use mIRC for file sharing back in the day. Just today I downloaded mIRC v6.35 for the heck of it to see if any of the fservers I used to use were still out there but can’t seem to get CIS 3.13 and my Linksys WRT54G router on the same page for DCC gets. Before you point me to the mIRC tutorial posted way back in 2006, know that I’ve already read it. As of right now, I have a predefined policy set for mIRC that:

Allows Outgoing TCP
Source IP: Any / Destination IP: Any
Source Port: Any / Destination Port: 6660-6669

I also have the same block and log all unmatching requests rule that I use for eMule right underneath it. I can connect to the IRC servers and chat just fine, and don’t even have to open ports on the router. The problem I’m having is creating a rule that allows DCC transfer. In mIRC’s Connect>Options>Advanced dialogue, the DCC box is ticked, my port range is 4990-5000, and the “Bind sockets to IP” box is checked with my router’s external IP (184.56.xxx.xxx). Router-wise, I have both protocols being forwarded to the mIRC application on my PC’s internal IP (192.168.xxx.xxx) through ports 4990-5000. I used the suggestion in the 2006 post to create a rule that:

Allows Incoming TCP/UDP
Source Port: Any / Destination Port: 4990-5000

This rule was moved to the top of the policy, but when I try to get a file from the fserver, the dialogue initiates, but the transfer fails due to connection failure. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do I need to open up port 113 on the router for Ident, and if so, what protocol and port specific rule should I add for that? Surely someone out there has this same combo of WRT54G and CIS 3.13 and has a predefined policy that allows just the minimum connectivity required to allow mIRC to fully function. If you do, help a brother out. Thanks.

If you are only “Getting” files you dont need to forward/open ports instead change your

Allows Incoming TCP/UDP
to
Allows Outgoing TCP/UDP

make sure this is in application rules for mirc and remove any global rule that allows incoming for those ports. As for ident, if you can already connect to an irc server fine then you dont need to open the ident port.