CIS 11 causing new devices installation fail

Hi,

I was using Comdo Internet Security 10 Premium for about 1 year and a half without issues , but few days ago i did a fresh installation of Windows and i installed CIS again , but this time i got V 11, since that i started to have problems with flash drives, every time i connect a new one it fails to install, windows trys to search the driver for few minutes then report installation fail, it happened with 3 flash drives , and also with my laptop integrated camera.
After doing a system restore to the time before installing CIS, the camera and all flash drives got installed with no issues.
So i’m sure CIS was causing the problem, i believe it’s some kind of system protection implemented in V 11

More details

Comodo Version: last time i reproduced the problem was few hours ago , so it’s the latest version.

CIS configuration: Default.

CIS components installed: All except Dragon browser and Secure shopping.

Other security tools installed on my computer: nothing, even system integrated ones were disabled (Windows defender, Windows Firewall)

I want to add that i did a fresh install of windows 3 times in the last 7 days, all because of this issue , the problem repeated itself again and again until i figured out the causing software. i hope data protection behavior of the program changes when HIPS is turned off , because i noticed that CIS trys to protect some software from changes ( like internet browsers) even if the user has never turned HIPS on !! ( i get a notification asking if i want to validate the browser changes for example), but in the case of the reported issue there is no notifications from Comodo sadly.

How to reproduce

1-Install a fresh windows 7 ultimate SP 1 32 bit on a machine.
2- Install the latest version of CIS.
3-Reboot when CIS ask you for that.
3-Connect an usb flash drive to the machine.

Hi Alphax5,

Thanks for reporting the issue.
Can you please your Inbox for Private Message(PM) and provide the requested logs.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Thanks @PremJK

i just did now.

Finally the flash drives could install the drivers and connect correctly after terminating “cavwp.exe” process using Process Hacker.

I believe it’s Comodo scanning process, but i still don’t know why it interfered with the drivers installation :frowning:

But the important is that i found a workaround :smiley:

u can temporary disable all comodos components for device install process terminating can cause errors maybe