Chromium Secure to Chromodo

Hello,

Please excuse me if this is in the wrong forum. I’m having a really difficult time and at this point I’m just guessing.

I installed Chromium Secure v36.1.1.3 (portable) a while ago and have just started reusing it after problems with Firefox.
On the “About” page, it says a new version of Chromium Secure is available. If I press the Download button a window pops up and states:

“Please upgrade to Chromodo 36.7.0.8 first and then install up to date Chromodo 43.3 for the best user experience. Do you want to download Chromodo 36.7.0.8?”

I hit the “OK” button, download chromodosetup.exe, run that and the same window appears telling me the same exact thing. I’ve tried this a half dozen times and it always ends up the same way.

I also tried downloading Chromodo 36.7.0.8 after an online search - either the download link I am given fails or
the download happens and when I try to install I get the same popup telling me to upgrade to 36.7.0.8 first!

I’d really like to keep my preferences and bookmarks so I thought it best to ask first instead of just trying to skip 36.7.0.8 and installing 43.3 . . if at all possible. BitDefender is running in the background but I don’t think that is the problem - though I have no proof it isn’t. Could the problem be that I’m running a portable version? If so, how do I update??

Does anyone know what is going wrong and what I need to do so solve this?

Thank You Very Much,

Jim - AKA jammalg

Hi,

We will investigate this scenario, and help you immediately. Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Great!

Let me know whatever information you might need and I’ll get it to you.

Jammalg

Same here,
now trying to uninstall, and trying to install the latest version 43.3.3.176 the same message “”“Please upgrade to Chromodo 36.7.0.8 first and then install up to date Chromodo 43.3 for the best user experience. Do you want to download Chromodo 36.7.0.8?”“” keeps popping up.

Becoming very tired: would like to get a good updater, and a good clean-installer and a good uninstaller"

I would like to get solutions please…

Hi all,

We have fixed the issue. If you try to update it, it should work now from Chromium Secure to Chromodo.

Regards,

Did not work on a Vista machine,
uninstall was not good anough, still no (new) install possible,
had to clean registry manually from all “chromodo”
now a clean/new install was possible

greetings