Chrome 78 doesn't start in the CIS container [M2421]

Normally after a Chrome update, just restore the container, exit to the windows account and re-enter to make it work in the container, this time I tried to restart the system, I tried to start it both from the normal desktop and CIS virtualized desktop, even using the parameter -Incognito to exclude problems with the extensions, but it doesn’t work.

Hi Nis,

Thanks for reporting,we are checking in it.

Thanks,
PD

Yes I can confirm chrome won’t run in containment, cmdvrt64.dll is the faulting module when you analyze the memory dump file that is created in the container. I’m sure cmdvrt32.dll would be the cause if you run the 32-bit version of chrome in containment.

Today I updated Chrome to version 78.0.3904.87 and it came back to work in containment.

Hi all

My hunch is this is related to security changes that Google made with their code integrity checks in Chrome 78. Symantec’s Antivirus had similar problems earlier. It’s related to unsigned/unapproved DLLs running in the context of the Chrome render progress.

I’d suggest that users, and the Comodo Developers, read this, to understand the background to it.

Mike

See also

https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/17555930?hl=en

And the “Chrome Renderer Integrity protects users” section in:

Hi futuretech,

kindly check your Inbox for private message and please perform the action mentioned.

Thanks,
PD

To the developers/users: Does my post about security in the Chrome render process ring true?

Hi futuretech,

Thank you for your kind response,let me forward those logs to developers for further investigations.

Regards,
PD

Does my comment about the code integrity issues in Chrome 78 ring true, or have I just confused matters?

Fixed in 12.2.0.6938 beta 1 it also affected MS Edge chromium beta builds.

Hello Nis,

Could you please confirm the fix.

Kind Regards,
PD

I have the stable version 12.0.0.6882 of CIS, and Chrome 80.0.3987.87 works well in the containment, the only problem I have encountered is that it crashes if I use the search in the settings page.

Hello Nis,

Thank you for your response.
With your reference as I checked with our environment while running chrome in containment it shows black window for 2-3 mins after searching an search settings and after that it will turns to normal.
So let me discuss with our developing team members.Once resolved I will notify you.

Kind Regards,
PD

Hello Nis,

I have forwarded this issue to our corresponding team members and they will investigate further.Once resolved let me ping you.

Kind Regards,
PD

Ok, thanks