Check updates gives me error 108

Hi everybody,

I have Comodo 3.5 Firewall installed on Windows Vista 64. I can access Internet normally. However, when I try to click on Check Updates / Start I’m getting an error 108 (with no Help or explanation) - problem with Internet connection settings.

Also, when I try to open a new Visual Studio console project I’m getting alerts.

How can I fix these two problems?

Thanks a lot in advance.

The only way to go is to uninstall 3.5 reboot and then install 3.12. You cannot export your 3.5 configuration to 3.12. You will have to start from scratch.

Sorry to be the bringer of the bad news.

Wow :frowning:

Ok, do you mean that 3.5 is a bad version? Can you please give me the link to Download 3.12?

Would I be OK using Uninstall option from the Menu? Also, I have Norton Firewall which I don’t use and never upgraded - could it be a problem as well?

There have simply been too many changes between 3.5 and 3.12 that make it necessary to do a clean install. There is nothing wrong with v 3.5.

You can download it from here: Free Firewall - Download the Best Firewall Protection and Anti-Virus Scan Software from Comodo .

I was just thinking that 3.5 is a newer version than 3.12 (at least it looks this way to me). Perhaps with Comodo it is the opposite. I’ll do the clean install later tonight.

12 is bigger than 5. :wink:

3.12 is newer. There has been lot of confusion about it though.