Changed IPv6 address probably didn't get recognized by CIS

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
I use SMB Multichannel at home. It did work til now, but suddenly didn’t anymore. When I disabled the firewall it worked again, had to reopen explorer and make a file copy.

What had happened? I had enabled IPv6 in my Router to get a VPN working in the Router. But there is no other connection to the vpn. The vpn wasn’t even for this PC.

I could resolve the problem with the Comodo Firewall: I deleted the Network Zone Home#1.
Next time it got recreated everything worked like it should, no disabling of the firewall was necessary for SMB Mulitchannel.
Where is the connection to SMB Multichannel in the first place? I configured most of the OS Processes to only have access to the LAN (home#1) and Loopback Zone. I always had IPv6 filtering enabled in the Firewall settings.

So I think what happened is, that by enabling IPv6 in my router, the whole IPv6 addresses of my network changed.
But the Firewall didn’t recognized this so the network zone home#1 didn’t changed maybe because the IPv4 address stayed the same.
Now my rule which only allowed connections to the LAN and loopback to those OS Processes blocked something so that SMB Multichannel wouln’t work anymore. At least this is the only reason I can think of.

So what I hope will get fixed is that not only changes of the IPv4 address get recognized but IPv6 also, even when IPv4 doesn’t change for the zones.

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
11.0.0.6744 Firewall only
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
everything disabled but the firewall (Custom Ruleset)
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
?
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
No
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
No
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
No
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Win10 1809
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
No

But the Firewall didn't recognized this so the network zone home#1 didn't changed maybe because the IPv4 address stayed the same.
Yep it seems that once a network is detected and it gets added to the network zones section, it will only add the network info at time of detection.

In Brazil already has ipv6, but has not yet been implemented.

Thank you for taking the time and effort for reporting this. Our developers are working on it.

Thank you for looking into it and this great program in the first place. :-TU

By the way, when I deleted home#1 it also got deleted from my self made rule, which I used for the MS-Processes.
I would wish some stickiness to that and it would be also nice to have that rule as a predefined rulset.

Today I deliberately changed my WAN-IP-Address. For that I have to change the MAC-Address of the WAN-Interface in my Router and restart the cable-modem. I do this from time to time for privacy reasons or to circumvent download restrictions but this time was the first time with enabled IPv6 in the router…
And the problem occurred again. So I think the desired solution would be that CIS detect every IPv6 changes and if the IPv4 Address is still the same just updates the Networkzone Home#1 without any user interaction.

Sadly this time CIS is not even recognizing that I deleted Home#1. I first deleted the old IPv6 Address, everything worked but no new IPv6 Address got detected. Than I also deleted the IPv4 Address, nothing happened. Than I completely deleted Home#1, still nothing happens this time. :-\

To let CIS recreate home#1 I had also to delete two new zones which were called Ethernet 1 & 2…

But this time home#1 is looking worse:

https://abload.de/thumb/captureuekxm.png

The IPv6 Addresses CIS saved for home#1 are not the Link-local IPv6 Addresses nor the “regular” IPv6 Addresses but the Temporary IPv6 Addresses (Privacy Extensions) which do regularly change, as I understand looking at PS C:\Windows\system32> ipconfig /all
Which is true but not important because of the Mask of 64. Anyway I replaced the IPv6 with the Link-local IPv6 Address. If Windows is using it than everything would be fine because it is local and not changing, at least the important path with a mask of 64. So far it works at least for the windows apps. It seems to be the permanent solution. ;D