Change Amt of Time CIS Waits To Show DB Otdated Message If All Comp Active

1. What version of CIS, or Comodo Firewall, are you currently using:
CIS version 7.0.315459.4132

2. What actually happened or you saw:
After just 2 days Comodo warns that the Virus Database is outdated (if there is no internet connection). This is a very short time-span, especially for a software which has other default-deny technologies to protect the user.

3. What you wanted to happen or see:
I would like to see the “outdated” message occur only after the Virus Database has not been updated for 5-7 days, assuming that Defense+ is not outdated. Only if Defense+ is disabled should CIS warn after only 2 days.

4. Why you think it is desirable:
Most antiviruses leave a longer time spawn to alert the user about outdated database, and they don’t even have the advanced features that COMODO has (Sandbox, HIPS, etc). So I think this rule could benefit from a bit of loosening, since the PC will always be protected.

5. Any other information:
CIS should only bother to warn that the AV database is outdated (after two days) if the default deny portions are disabled. Other than that it should only warn the user if it has been an extraordinarily long time (such as 7 days) because it is still helpful to have the database up to date so the user is less likely to make a mistake.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I edited your first post, and edited the title as well. Please look it over and let me know if everything seems okay.

Also, I would like to ask you why you believe it is a problem that it warns after 2 days. How would the fact it warns inconvenience a user to the point that it is worth putting this off for 5-7 days? I’m just trying to clarify this for the request.

Thanks.

Why you believe it is a problem that it warns after 2 days?

Because it is obsolete when Defense+ and Auto-Sandbox are enabled.

If both Defense+ And Sandbox are enabled, all threats are mitigated by default.
So there is no risk on the user’s PC.

If neither D+ nor AutoSandbox are enabled, then these AV Database checks can be
as vigorous as they are now. But with all the CIS components enabled, this is not so
much necessary. COMODO can deal with any unknown file.

Also maybe if the DB is outdated and the D+/AutoSandbox are not enabled,
let COMODO warn the user about this and give him the chance to enable them
and stay protected until he/she can connect to the internet and update the DB.

Okay, it sounds to me as if your wish is that CIS should only bother to warn that the AV database is outdated (after two days) if the default deny portions are disabled. Other than that it should only warn the user if it has been an extraordinarily long time (such as 7 days) because it is still helpful to have the database up to date so the user is less likely to make a mistake.

Does this essentially sum up the wish?

Thanks.

Yes, this would be the main point ;D

Okay, I edited the first post, edited the title, and added a poll. Please let me know if everything is correct. If it seems fine I will forward this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thanks.

cocalaur, does the first post, the title, and the poll seem correct to you? If there is no reply within two days I will assume this is fine and move this to the Waiting Area for voting.

Thank you.

It’s OK.

Thank you for submitting this Wish Request. I have now moved this to the WAITING AREA.

Please be sure to vote for your own wish, and for any other wishes you also support. It is also worthwhile to vote against wishes you think would be a waste of resources, as implementing those may slow down the wishes you would really like to see added.

Thanks again.

I have voted maybe. :-
I can see points made by ‘cocalaur’, but I would prefer to see an option with a user configurable time span for an ‘out of date message’.
My idea is a variation of this wish, but enough variation to be a separate wish IMO.

Only if customizable setting

I’m sorry, but even if the remaining 6 voters select Yes it is not possible for this Wish Request to reach the required 15 points. I will therefore move this Wish Request to Rejected.

Thank you.