CFW Newbie ex ZA with minor comments

I’m now an happy ex ZA. I had never heard about this FW since a few days ago while surfing in SWF i noticed Comodo 2.3.5.62 =comfortable (positive brand in italian tongue and SCOMODO the opposite). I downloaded CFW - installed - tested - tried my best to cheat the prog and then cancelled ZA for good. My vote? 4- (perfection doesn’t exist). Clapping.

I was in the italian forum with some minor remarks and someone suggested that i posted my thoughts here. May I?

1. CFW is sold out FREE and the owner promises to keep it so in the future. I have read someone suggesting faculty to push a button to mail to Comodo an appreciation in $ € £. I agree but i hate using my card on the NET, better banking system.

2. Icon in systray - i would prefer to see it change color when “Block All”

3. still better if procedure per point 2 could be done by hotkey

4. when surfing i would prefer to see the icon showing some activity - sort of blipping led in any color inside/around the icon.

5. CFW i have not found possibility of making backup of rules, have i missed something?

Lot of cordialità,
Genri

I did try & tell the guys on this forum with the SCOMODO banners & sigs about that. :smiley:

.. I downloaded CFW - installed - tested - tried my best to cheat the prog and then cancelled ZA for good. My vote? 4- (perfection doesn't exist). Clapping.

I was in the italian forum with some minor remarks and someone suggested that i posted my thoughts here. May I?

1. CFW is sold out FREE and the owner promises to keep it so in the future. I have read someone suggesting faculty to push a button to mail to Comodo an appreciation in $ € £. I agree but i hate using my card on the NET, better banking system.

2. Icon in systray - i would prefer to see it change color when “Block All”

3. still better if procedure per point 2 could be done by hotkey

4. when surfing i would prefer to see the icon showing some activity - sort of blipping led in any color inside/around the icon…

If they are not already there, then you should add these to the CPF Wish List. Sorry, but it is rather BIG. ;D

.. 5. CFW i have not found possibility of making backup of rules, have i missed something?

No, not unless you are comfortable working with the registry? But, it is on the Wish List and I think Comodo said it would be included.

Hey genri,

Have a look at https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2366.msg18544.html#msg18544. Theres a batch file that will create backups of your rulesets. Hopefully this ability will be built into future versions. But, until then …

hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi genri and welcome! I would like to quote on this wish…

<<3. still better if procedure per point 2 could be done by hotkey >>

There are security risks with hotkeys and such why Comodo hasn’t implemented them as of yet as learned myself…

https://forums.comodo.com/index.php/topic,2101.0.html

Hope this helps.

Paul