cfpconfig.exe not recognized???

Hello,
I double clicked the COMODO icon in lower right corner to do a scan. Under Summary, the System Status was marked as “COMODO application agent is not running! Please run diagnostics utility to fix the problem.” So I clicked on the “Run Diagnostics” icon in the right corner of the summary box.
That’s when a “Problems Detected!” box popped up and said, The problems diagnostic has found some problems with your installation. Would you like to fix them? I clicked on yes.
That’s when the Defense+ Alert popped up in RED.
Security considerations:
cfpconfig.exe could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\DisplayName. You must make sure cfpconfig.exe is a safe application before allowing this request.
I chose to block this request.
Another Defense+ Alert in RED pops up and says cfpconfig.exe could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\Objectname. You must make sure cfpconfig.exe is a safe application before allowing this request.
As I am typing (I’m a slow typer) it changes to cfpconfig.exe [b]could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\ImagePath.
I click block and another Defense+ alert in RED pops up: cfpconfig.exe [b]could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\ErrorControl. I hit block again. cfpconfig.exe [b]could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\Start. I hit block again and cfpconfig.exe [b]could not be recognized and is about to modify the protected registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet003\Services\cmdAgent\Type. That’s the last Defense+ pop up.
Then a regular pop up says “Failed! The diagnostics utility could not fix some of the problems. Would you like to create a diagnostics report?” I clicked yes.
It won’t let me save the report…won’t let me designate an extension for the report.

I find it VERY odd, SCARY that it doesn’t recognize its own program. Any insight into this??? Thanks,
Richard

Sounds like a corrupt install. Why dont you try doing a complete uninstall and reinstall. I use Revo Uninstaller in advanced mode.

Use these instructions for completely removing it.

You can also scroll down for Ragwings uninstall tool (Easier).

Josh