CFP Won't Let Me Past Page 1 On Huffington Post

OK, I know that this will sound weird, but here goes:

Until about 2 weeks ago, I had no problem viewing all the pages of comments to news stories/blogs on the Huffington Post website. Right about the time I updated CFP to 3.0.25.378, I found that I could view the first page of comments but could not view any of the other pages (the first page would simply refresh). This happens regardless of the browser I load the page into.

This problem does not occur when I view ANY other website/forum (including this one) that has multiple pages of posts. Just at HuffPo. It’s maddening.
http://hometown.aol.de/allerleirauh/images/motz.gif

I’m running:

WinXP Pro SP3
Firefox 3.0.1 - Safari 3.1.2 - IE 7.0.5730.11
Avast! Home AV 4.8.1229
SpySweeper 5.5.7.124

Anyone have any ideas what could be causing this problem? Any suggestions how to make it go away? (I am NOT technically inclined, so I’d ask you to keep that in mind when you respond… lol)

Also, if more info is needed from me, let me know and I’ll post it as soon as I see the request.

Thanks in advance for your insights and advice!

Comodo doesn’t have a web shield so I am sure its not Comodo. Do you have Firefox and Internet Explorer selected as web browsers under the firewall policy? Send me a link and let me see if I can get in.

I believe I do but can’t say with absolute certainty. How can I review how I’ve categorized Firefox and IE?

Open up Comodo. Go to the Firewall tab. Click on advanced then go to Network Security Policy. Find Firefox and Internet Explorer and right click on them and select edit. Select web browser from the predefined policy’s. Then click apply. Reboot and see what happens.

Ok I got your PM and click on that link. Site comes in for me. Are you using any other security software? I view other comments either on the bottom of the page but its not Comodo causing that.

I’ve done as you suggested and set Firefox and IE (and Safari, too) to ‘web browser’ from the pre-defined policies, but still have the problem.

I will contact Huffington Post and report it yet again. Perhaps they will fix it before the new next millenium.

Thanks for your help!