CFP v3 seems to block traceroute and FTP?

Hello,

Since I have CFP v3 installed, traceroutes don’t seem to run correctly.

Bezig met het traceren van de route naar forums.comodo.com [85.91.228.149]
via maximaal 30 hops:

1 37 ms <1 ms 1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.
3 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.
4 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.
5 * * * Time-out bij opdracht.
etc etc etc…

Even when I disable the firewall, the traceroute doesn’t seem to complete at all, but I am really really sure that the problem is caused by CFP, because I use traceroute all the time, and since I have CFP v3 installed, the problem occured.

Also I can’t use FTP correctly. Sometimes when I make a connection over the internet with a FTP server that requires PASV mode, I can’t connect to it. The connection times out when I want to request a directory listing.

Are there any solutions for the above problems? I am using Windows XP Professional SP2 w/ all hotfixes. I am connected to the internet using wireless, the accesspoint is a Linksys WRT54G v2.2 running Tomato firmware.

Thanks in advance.

With regards,

Jeffrey van den Broek

For Tracert issues see the thread https://forums.comodo.com/help_for_v3/v3_not_allowing_a_tracert-t15515.0.html . For FTP, Comodo left out the rule for passive FTP if you are using the Comodo ftp client ruleset. You need to add the rule to “Allow Passive FTP” allow/tcp/out/any/any/any/any under “ftp client” in firewall/advanced/predefined policies. You may also need to add “Allow DNS Requests” allow/udp/out/any/any/any/53 .

You can also backup your cfp settings an uninstall V3.

I had a similiar issue and I found that I needed to reset my router settings. Uninstalling V3 didn’t solve that issue.
Anyway when you ask about firewall issues please remember to add a screenshot of your global ruleset or better
follow IMPORTANT: HOW TO WRITE HELP REQUESTS