CFP.exe CPU: sustained higher-than-expected consumption [Issue: #255]

WinXP x32 SP3 all Patch

cfp.exe lead to high cpu usage.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Everything looks perfect fine here. Seven x64, AV Stateful, FW Safe mode, D+ Safe Mode, Sandbox Enabled, Proactive configuration.

Please provide us with all the necessary information as described in IMPORTANT: HOW TO SUBMIT BUGS (read this if you want them fixed). Only this way the devs have enough information to be start to reproduce the issue. When you don’t provide enough information your problem may end up not being taken into account.

I have seen such behaviour when installing the v5 RC2 on the computer of one of my brothers.

1. CPU 32 bit
  2. WinXP x32, SP 3, all patch
  3. McAfee VSE 8.7i patch3, O&O CleverCache 7, O&O Defrag 12, PGP 9
  4. CFP.exe lead to high cpu usage
  5. N/A (I went back to V 3)
  6. FW only Custom Mode, D+ Pro Active Safe Mode, SB disabled, CS disabled
  7. N/A
  8. Admin. account

By the way V3 and V4 working fine.

Thanks

I’m having some difficulty understanding this as you screenshot shows only 12% CPU usage by CFP, which is bound to happen sometimes.

If you are experiencing higher levels, or this level on a sustained basis, could you indicate under what circumstances this occurs?

Best wishes

Mouse

Thanks

12% CPU usage is a permanent level (sometimes increase up to 25%) no matter whether system idle or application is running.

The Undertaker

Hi there

[s]We are trying to make sure that all titles communicate accurate information to the devs, that’s why I renamed your post.

Please don’t rename it again, or I will have to lock it. [edit My apologies if it was not you!]
[/s]

Sorry my mistake

May be useful in this context for the devs also to know your processor and memory (RAM). Could you oblige please?

My machine which is similar OS and I guess age is showing 3-4% only

Please try disabling McAfee VSE and rebooting to see if that helps

Mouse

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood HyperThreading Single Core 3.2 GHz (overclocked to 3.4 GHz)
RAM Size: 2048 MB
RAM Type: DDR SDRAM PC2700 (166 MHz)

It does not make any difference.

FYI CIS V5/2011 has been installed on top of CIS V4.1

Thanks!

OK moving to verified issues, many thanks for your help.

To devs: this bug pre-dated the new format, and so is in old format.

Best wishes

Mike