CFP 3 and XP SP1 [Merged Threads]

cos its a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME ,
IT ONLY WORKS ON SP2 AND YOULL END UP WITH NO FIREWALL AT ALL.
SHAME IT DOESNT WARN YOU IN THE UPDATE INFO BOX BEFORE U DOWNLOAD/INSTALL IT. (:AGY)

If you are still using SP1 you should’nt be connecting to the Internet. Get SP2 and update the additional hotfixes NOW

absolute rubbish,utter cock!!
been on sp1 for 3 yrs solid now,always on broadband BUT i have all my security sorted obviously cos its u lot that keep getting hacked ,not me,ever!!
xp pro,nod32,comodo v2,spyware checker,mozilla ff,no auto anything for windows no cack updates,no auto load anything from net at all without my permission …and as a back up (never needed so far)Acronis image once a month.no msn bllx,no pretty garbage programs and lots of irc,torrent and ftp progs all setup PROPERLY ffs
simple stuff really and im visiting everything on net.
i also use win98 on older pc and same there,clean as a whistle.
would suggest u also learn what its all about and get ur head round microsofts mind games
sp2 is just a massive “fix” for idiots that havent a clue
comodo 2 worked ok and if it aint broke…
nobody i know uses sp2,they all reverted to sp1,upped net to 2 etc and have complete control over their comps.
anyhow doesnt explain why theres no warning that its sp2 only does it.
lol,

You should try SP2 before talking bad about it. Try it and notice the comp will run and boot noticesably faster.

Hi, I can’t install the new version 3 as I don’t have sp2 installed with windows xp, Does anyone know how to get around this? Is it still save to use the old version 2.4? I also now get error message 108 “could not complete update process” when I click on Updater. Why is this and how do I fix it?

Easy. Install sp2. Nothing wrong with it.

Using still SP1 is careless. There are many holes unpatched und your PC will be a virus/worm-breeding machine in no time. Do a fresh reinstall with SP2 integrated.

I agree, using SP1 is not so smart, so topicstarter should really update to SP2 asap!

Oh dear :frowning:

Must not be one of the advanced XP users (:NRD) like the rest of us. As everyone knows they need to be running service pack 2 right now, no excuses.