***CFP 3.0x/CIS 3.5x ISSUES*** [CLOSED]

Hi Guys,

Here are threads for people having problems with CIS 3.5, CFP 3.0 updates, etc.

Here are the relevant threads with information on these main issues for COMODO Firewall Pro 3 & COMODO Internet Security 3.5 (Which includes the Firewall).

#1 [i][b]How can i migrate from CFP 3.0.x to CIS 3.5.x?

#2 Can I do A Automatic Update from CFP 3.0.x to CIS 3.5.x?

#3 CFP 3.0 Update/Installation Problems

#4 Comodo Internet Security 3.5x is not recognized by Windows Security Center

#5 cmdagent uses 100% CPU - Resolved with CIS build .432

#6 Error since update (3.5?) - Error loading CFP.DLL

#7 Comodo Firewall Window opens on boot-up[/b][/i]

All related stand a lone threads will be Merged into the appropriate threads marked with *.

CFP/CIS does not leave anything behind when uninstalled. Removal program is the CIS uninstaller. If a user is having problems, it is possible something weird happened that disrupted the uninstallation process. Security Center issue happens and known. Here is a workaround from a forum:

The problem may be resolved by re-starting the WMI repository:

1 - rt-click Command Prompt and select ‘Run as Administrator’. Type the following command:
winmgmt /verifyrepository
If you get a message “WMI repository is consistent”, run the following command:
2 - net stop winmgmt [Click Enter]
3 - cd /d %windir%\system32\wbem [Click Enter]
4 - ren repository repository.old [Click Enter]
5 - net start winmgmt [Click Enter]
If you get a message “WMI repository is not consistent”, run the following command:
6 - winmgmt /salvagerepository
This will perform a consistency check on the WMI repository and resolve the issue.
7 - Restart your machine.
8 - If you again get the following message instead: winmgmt /salvagerepository is failed.
Ignore this message, and again run:
winmgmt /salvagerepository
Reboot. Hope this helps.

There are also a couple of uninstaller related issues that worth mentioning

Legacy currentcontrolset\enum\root Keys
Old issue mostly related to Vista. In some cases it looks that those keys don’t have the necessary security attributes to be removed manually using regedit
Left Over Comodo Registry Keys Causing Problems, Can’t completely uninstall Comodo Firewall

cfpconfg.exe is not self-contained
Recent issue related to CFP to CIS transition. Few users reposted missing resource dlls. cfpconfg.exe was affected too.
Error since update (3.5?) - Error loading CFP.DLL [Merged Threads]

On a side-note it would prove useful for troubleshooting purposes to provide a separate cfpconfg.exe download.

There are also few registry leftovers. IIRC one at least pertained HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Local AppWizard-Generated Applications and another HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ComodoGroup. I didn’t check if recent releases remove related subkeys.

You can also use Comodo Registry Cleaner if you want to. Special thanks to Egemen & Armando.

Josh

Hi Guys,

Most issues have been resolved in recent releases, If you need any help regarding any of these issues, please post in the appropriate board. This thread is now closed.

Cheers,
Josh