CFP 3.0.21.329 Released

I bow down. But prove to me where CHKDSK is extremely important and I will start using it.Instead of always complaining about when CHKDSK is going to be fixed try helping out others the way I do. Melih and other modders have giving thanks to me for helping out in the forums the way I do.

Hi guys,

This is in our top priority list guys. It is being analyzed and will be fixed. Not a trivial bug(from reproducing to analysing) and thats why it is taking some time.

Sorry for the inconvenience this might have caused,

Egemen

(CLY) :BNC

thought the bug didn’t matter that much in your opinion, what’s up now ??? OK that said you cannot seriously run Vista, XP or 2000 and ignore CHDSK at the same time, when data corruption occurs for example, and CHDSK recovers stuff that has become unreadable for some reason, among other cases. Can’t tell you how many times CHDSK has fixed stuff on my HDD. CHKDSK IS a major maintenance feature in Windows, and if there was a bug with CFP and CHKDSK, it was a priority to fix it. And I’m really glad that the devs have fixed that.

Well of course its an important bug when after scheduling chkdsk after reboot you end up having to use “Last known good configuration to get back into windows”. Anyway, someone please enlighten me as to how good or important chkdsk is when it first tell you there is some problems with the file system and when you DO allow chkdsk to fix these problems (/f), you find out there seems to be No REAL problem because all it ever does is report Cleaning up ____ unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9, ($SDH of file 0x9) And mentions something about some free space in the Master file table… Over and Over and over.

Thx

Probably not too important, since I’ve been fine without for around 1 year, and not a single BSoD caused because I haven’t ran it :wink:
I’m not 100% sure, but I think that it’ll also restore missing/corrupt system files (?).

Cheers,
Ragwing

5 years on the same install of XP and not 1 BSOD or anything. Always boots up and runs great. I agree with Ragwing. BTW I was clapping and people happy for the users of CHKDSK. Not myself.

Hi Guys,

The problem seems to be related to FAT32 filesystems. As a temporary fix, converting FAT32 filesystem to a more stable and secure NTFS would fix the problem until we identify the root cause of the issue. This issue happens to be reproducable in some windows XP systems and reproducing is somehow difficult.

To convert a FAT32 disk into NTFS, the following steps can be followed:

1 - Go to Start->Run, type “cmd” and then press enter.
2 - type “CONVERT C: /FS:NTFS” to convert the volume “C:” into NTFS filesystem.
3 - press "Y"es to approve the messages shown and restart your PC.

After you restart your PC, your volume will be in NTFS file system and will be much stable and secure. This should fix the related BSOD problems too.

Hope this helps,

Egemen

Maybe that’s why i didn’t succeed when tried to reproduce issue on my ntfs partitions.

Wrong!

I’m using NTFS and have the problem (:WIN)

You can ask me anything related to the configuration or something to help you find the possible culprit, just send a PM or something!

Also, unlike some of the complaining users my problem isn’t solved with second reboot or Last Known config. Only restoring a previous partition backup solves the problem. I get the session 5 BSOD and if i try to try a Last Known config i’ll get a different BSOD as reported in the other thread.

Anyway i’m glad you’re taking on this issue.

Cheers (:KWL)

Your problem is fixed when you disable Defense+ PErmanently? Or Disabling some options from Defense->Advanced->Defense+Settings->Monior Settings?

Can you try to disable some of the monitor settings one by one to see if the problem is resolved.

Are you sure you are not blocking anything essential? Do you use CFP with default settings or did you modify some settings by yourself?

NTFS driver should not have this. Yours may be related to something else.

Can you also tell me if “Block all unknown requests while the application close option” is enabled or disabled?

Egemen

At this time i don’t have any version of Comodo installed because of the problem, anyway, if i remember correctly last version i tried, i did a clean install with the default options

It’s hard to try one by one because every time it goes wrong i’ll lose +30 minutes restoring the backup.

However i’ve never tried disabling defense+.

Still, here https://forums.comodo.com/bug_reports/session5initializationfailed-t19438.0.html;msg134977#msg134977 there is a post from someone who had Defense+ disabled and had the same problem so it might not be it!

That post should get you some of those answers for sure.

Thanks

The problem seems to be related to FAT32 filesystems.

nope. 8 years on NTFS only :wink: Before 3.0.18.309 I saw BSODs only on tv-shows about B.Gates, while ran chkdsk every month (thats for Vettetech :slight_smile:

OK,
Disabling D+ doesn’t fix problem.
Default D+ settigs.
“Block all unknown requests while the application closed” - allways disabled.

When I uninstalled CFP, checkdisk doesn’t found any errors (was checked many times), I did clean CFP installation (3.0.21.309), default config but this time unchecked “Objects To Monitor Against Direct Access”, then offline chkdsk, BSOD, after BSOD - normal start (not “last good” or something), then run cmd “fsutil dirty query c:” result: Volume - C: is Dirty

You might also want to mention that once you convert to NTFS, you will not be able to convert back to FAT32. The convert command is one way only.

Al

Thank you very much for the feedback. Do you have all the latest Windows XP updates installed?

Egemen

Good Day Egeman,

Sorry to disappoint You…
…But all my PCs have NTFS partitions Only…
And the BSOD occurs on All the PCs…

It also occurs in all my friend’s PCs (which also Only have NTFS partitions)

I have:
Default D+ settings.

“Block all unknown requests while the application close option” is Disabled (Not ticked)

Disabling D+ doesn’t fix the problem.

I have also noticed that if You run CHKDSK C: (with Comodo installed)…,
…CHKDSk seems to report errors that do Not exist…

Glad to provide any other info…

Best wishes,

Roberta

PS:
I have all the Win XP patches installed Except the latest Mar08 lot…

As a matter of general interest, the Only time I have Ever had a BSOD has been due to this problem with CHKDSK & Comodo…

This issue only occurs on Windows XP?

Josh.

Good Day Josh,

The only desktop Windows version I use is XP SP2…
…so I cant say whether it occurs in Vista…

Best wishes,

Roberta

I will test and find out :slight_smile:

Then again… I rethought about this problem and I am running Vista, and no BSODS, etc occur… So I will wait for a confirm answer :slight_smile:

Josh.

morning Egemen,

not realy, last full XP update I made about 3 month ago, and after that just waiting for SP3 final release.

BTW maybe someone don’t knows - if you don’t want to see after-chkdsk BSODs (waiting for fix), go Start->Run… and paste chkntfs /x C: (if “C” is your system disk).
There is no risk, OS just ignores “dirty volume” mark. The same via regedit:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\Session Manager
value name “BootExcecute”, default data “autocheck autochk *”, change it to autocheck autochk /k:c *, if you have PerfectDisk data is:
PDBoot.exe
autocheck autochk /k:C *