CFP 3.0.10.238 BETA - Questions about how it works[CLOSED]

Some policies cannot be edited as they are special policies.
When you start an app you are asked If you want that app to be allowed so in that case “Treat this application as” should be grayed as it will change the D+ policy of the parent app (usually explorer.exe) and it is not wise to apply any of these policies to explorer.exe

morning folks. just installed over week end. have 15 files waiting for my review. what am i supposed to do with these. been using 2.4 for about a year and very pleased on both computers. may have bitten off more than i can chew with this critter. tks for any help. frank.

anybody have any ideas about configuring comodo for utorrent and shareaza

https://forums.comodo.com/frequently_asked_questions_faq_for_comodo_firewall/opening_ports_in_comodo_firewall_3-t14017.0.html

Ragwing

Just simple questions i hope. What is the difference between remove and purge? Also where does the lookup button get its information?

Not sure, but ‘Remove’ let’s you delete the selected files from ‘My pending files’, while ‘Purge’ will remove files that doesn’t exists any more.
Tried this by downloading a .exe file, ran it, closed and deleted it.
Only the .exe file and some temp files I deleted with CCleaner was set for deletion when I clicked ‘Purge’.

Ragwing

the stealth ports wizard still does not work :THNK

Weird. I never got that stage in the installation. Must be a bug in the installer where only people who select advanced gets that. I picked simple and after that the install was finished.

If you pick simple mode in the installer than you do not get many missing options such as setting certified apps/p2p mode on or off. Please fix this. I checked myself and picking advanced lets you pick these settings.

when viewing active connections my port for utorrent is only listening and no data is being transferred

Hi Coolio10

I don’t think that’s a bug my friend, that’s why it’s called “Simple Mode”. For the n00b-E user who’s unfamiliar with a firewall or especially full HIPS, Simple Mode is just what they need. A more advanced user who already knows that they may need to make adjustments for P2P or similar apps, then they would know enough to choose “Advanced” I believe.
If you start throwing in allot of configuration options into the Simple mode, then it wouldn’t really be “simple” anymore.

Since I really can’t do a whole lot of testing with the last 2 Beta’s because of that GUI issue I posted about, I can’t really do much testing between modes, but I did try both installation options and I didn’t have any problem getting P2P going with the Simple Mode install.

Later!
Dave

P.S. - Don’t “Quote” me on this one tho Bro…I could be way off here too…wouldn’t be the 1st time :wink:
But I do think the developers are trying to keep Simple mode simple, and advanced…well you kno

still doesn’t work. see other posts in your link

You need to disable utorrent random ports.
if you have not configured V3 to allow UPNP you have to forward a port on your router.
In order to test utorrent you have to use the test port button.
Post a screenshot of your global ruleset and export your log file.

I uninstalled Comodo 2.4 and installed comodo Beta.

However, I still see that there is a boot.ini comodo firewall in my c drive. I was just wondering if this was left over perhaps from the 2.4 or if this is still a ongoing issue?

What does the Purge button in the Computer Security Policy settings supposed to do?

[attachment deleted by admin]

don’t have random ports checked. using a specific port. router is configured. this worked in full version. where are the log files? i have the screenshot. when i try to add the port i get a message saying that the port is already configured. but it doesn’t show up as you can see. trying to use port 46756.

‘Purge’ will remove the files that doesn’t exist any more, as it’s unecessary to keep this files in your Defense+ Computer Security Policy.

I think it has to do with your rules. Try doing this:

CREATE PORT SETS:

Add->A New Port Set->uTorrent Port
Now add the port your using for uTorrent incoming connection as a new port.

GLOBAL RULES:

The rule ‘Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From IP Any To IP Any Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is [uTorrent port]’ should be at the top of your Global Rules.

APPLICATION RULES(for uTorrent)

Allow IP In/Out From IP Any To IP Any Where Porotcol Is Any
Allow TCP or UDP In/Out From IP Any To IP Any Where Source Port Is Any And Destination Port Is [uTorrent port]

That should make it work :wink:

If it doesn’t, try my connection configuration in uTorrent:

Port for incoming connections: Any should work
Randomize port on startup: Unchecked
Activate UPnP portmapping: Unchecked
Activate NAT-PMP portmapping: Checked

Ragwing

G’day,

This is a backup of the boot.ini that was present when CFP 2.4 was installed. It can be deleted safely.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Choosing simple firewall seems not to completly disable D+. It was on clean PC mode, not disabled. I’m not sure what exactly is off. (to be clear in case this is not expected, i first answered yes to D+ on install, but went back to install fw only).

Can you tell me if this option is under construction?

When I submit a file in “MY Pending Files” for review to Comodo I get an entry in the D+ Events log. Why is this the case?

The entry doesn’t make much sense to me since I did not see an alert for that entry.

Al