CERTIFICATE AT WWW.LITEBLUE.COM

I HAVE COME HERE TONIGHT SIMPLY TO FIND OUT WHY THE COMODO CERTIFICATE AT WWW.LITEBLUE.USPS.COM IS NOT CONSIDERED A TRUSTED CERTIFICATE??? I DID NOTICE THE EXPIRATION DATE IS IN 2009 WHICH SEEMS A LONG WAY OFF. IS THAT THE PROBLEM???

Strangely, www.liteblue.com doesn’t have any certificates and the other site (www.liteblue.usps.com) doesn’t exist.

Is there a question in here anywhere? Preferably a quiet one (CAPS are considered shouting on the internet).

Ewen :slight_smile:

I am sorry for yelling. My bad. the actual website is www.liteblue.usps.gov and i am having trouble with going there bacause each time i do I get this message.

"There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
Click here to close this webpage.
Continue to this website (not recommended).
More information

If you arrived at this page by clicking a link, check the website address in the address bar to be sure that it is the address you were expecting.
When going to a website with an address such as https://example.com, try adding the ‘www’ to the address, https://www.example.com.
If you choose to ignore this error and continue, do not enter private information into the website.

For more information, see “Certificate Errors” in Internet Explorer Help."

I have been there before, but all the sudden this pops up.

I am not very computer literate and need help. I am sorry i started out screwing up, but any help would be appreciated.

No worries.

Have you upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 since it last worked?

Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi
I tried the link with firefox, and it also pups up the warning message…
cheers

i don’t get any warnings…

something must have deleted some of the root keys from your root store!

Melih

Yes i have upgraded to IE 7. Is it safe to download the certificate as it is now? This web site has a lot of persoanl data on it like my health insurance, life insurance etc.

Well I have nothing to do with that site, never had visited before. But I checked it to help to verify the problem of eagleman, and I can confirm that both ie7 and firefox pops up a warning about the certificate validity, and ComodoVE says: “website identity has NOT been verified” about www.liteblue.usps.gov
As I already said I have never visited the site before, and I don’t plan it in the future either, but if the problem is w/ our root store how can it be fixed? So its not really a problem for me, but as it is a comodo certificate, I will be more then happy to help to sort this one out.
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Blas

Any help would be appreciated. I do not know what a “root store” is or how to fix the problem. I am leary however of using the site until I know what is wrong and that it is fixed properly. This is the only site i have this problem with. I even downloaded the comodo verification engine and it is telling me not to use the site

Hi,

I have just checked the site with IE, Opera and Firefox…it now looks ok (ie no errors).

Garry

It is ok here too. Thanks.
What was the problem anyway?

Hi,

I think the issue was that the intermediate certificate was not installed on the site, so there was not path to a trusted root certificate.
So, I think they have installed that certificate and the site looks good in all browsers.

Garry