CDRW media format specification

Hi,
I am trying to do a zip backup to CD-RW, but cannot get Comodo to write to the CD-RW.
Windows XP Pro SP3, ASUS DRW-1608P3S, Imation CD-RWs, zipped backup small to test write capability, larger to test spanning to 2 disks.

I have tried two separate programs.

1. I installed Nero InCD v4.3.23.2 to enable me to format the CD-RW ready for Comodo. Nero Express 6 SE software came with my ASUS DRW 1608P3S.
    I have tried tiny zips and larger (less than 2Gb), but just get the following error message at the very end of the write process. This is both with or without the setting ERASE DISK.

31/08/2008 at 4:05:24 p.m. | Error: WRITER ERROR [MEDIUM ERROR (WRITE ERROR)]

1. I un-installed InCD with a special removal program to make sure no traces were left, then installed DELL’s free Sonic DLA V4.95. I had to erase and reformat the disk to get DLA to recognize the disk (shows it is formatting as UDF).
    I tried the backup twice again both with and without the ERASE DISK setting - this required me to reformat the disk again before the drive would recognise it. I tried doing backup of both a small zip and a larger one. I get the following error message.

31/08/2008 at 4:56:40 p.m. | Error: WRITER ERROR [ILLEGAL REQUEST (CANNOT WRITE MEDIUM - INCOMPATIBLE FORMAT)]

It appears that neither the Sonic DLA format nor the Nero InCD will work with Comodo. Please can you advise what format I should be using and what program will give me a format that Comodo with recognise on CD-RWs.

Thanks,