CCE standalone [merged topic]

Welcome to Comodo Forum…the place where Comodo devs answer when they want to…

Is there a plan to release a newer version of CCE. Version 8 now being out in CIS… This can be a valuable standalone tool for portable use on USB’s. I myself have kept this tool in my toolbox “USB”, and removed it sometime back from lack of it being updated… I know many that would use this as a standalone.

Give it some thought, i know im not the only one to bring this subject up…

I second that, the version 8 can be installed on CIS.
It shouldn’t be hard to add new version to website : Comodo Cleaning Essentials | Download Free Malware Removal

Yes, please update. Has helped me out alot of times :-TU.

:slight_smile:

Can anyone put latest v8 32bit version somewhere for download?
You can find 7z archive in C:\ProgramData\Comodo Downloader\cis\download\installs\4000\xml_binaries\killswitch_cce folder, I have only 64bit systems so have only 64bit version of CCE there.

I uploaded 64bit version (8.0.0.4344) in case anyone needs it MEGA

Thanks for the upload, but I get “failed to initalize engine” when trying to run CCE.exe

hm… It looks like CCE is trying to load CIS engine (or part of it). KillSwitch and Autoruns work ok.

So we still need official standalone release.

Don’t hold your breath. Comodo is notorious for developing programs and then dropping them like a hot potato! I’m still using v2.5.242177.201 and it works well on my system.

Unofficially you can get Standalone CCE 8 here

You get Standalone CCE 8 here in good working condition

That’s silly. I would avoid repacks due to a possible threat exposure. (aka unofficial source)
Although it’s not really meant to be a ‘standalone’ since it was not declared specifically by staff then you should know that latest version is downloaded on first-prompt.
Upon traffic analysis and in other words, the following links are accessed internally :

https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x86.7z
https://cdn.download.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/4000/xml_binaries/killswitch_cce/cks_cce_x64.7z

Hope it helps.

Thank you for the download links, but enough of the program is missing to enable CCE to work without errors. Upon launching CCE, a warning comes up stating that it “failed to load engine”. I know that the internal download isn’t supposed to be a standalone product, but it would be nice if Comodo would bring back the standalone for use in cleaning computers that don’t have CIS installed. It was nice to have someone compile the newer build (even though it’s not official) for those of us who want an updated version (while we wait for one to come from Comodo).

This is the same as I shared before, it can be used for KillSwitch and Autoruns but not for whole package.

Yeah, the same results as your previous post. The link from Cyber revengeance works fine. They must have included the files needed to make CCE work.

OK. So After I have tested CCE a bit, I have some questions related to it and I hope you can enlighten me :slight_smile:
(I have COMODO Internet Security latest version also installed). Here it goes:

1. After I’ve download the standalone version from Endpoint Detection and Response, Free - What is EDR Security? It presents me with this version:

http://oi59.tinypic.com/w70iv4.jpg

However, if I install it from within CIS, it shows me that it is the same version as CIS:

http://oi61.tinypic.com/6ztqgn.jpg

Why are the versions different? Is standalone CCE no longer maintained?
Or, is the CCE from CIS different than standalone CCE in any way?

1. Are there any plans for an updated standalone CCE version, or at least
    one that can avoid the confusion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi cocalaur,
I have merged your topic with an already existing topic on the same subject matter.
This has been an issue for a long time and unfortunately I don’t recall ever getting clarification either way from Staff.
I will have asked Staff again about some clarification on its standalone development.

Thanks.

Edit note: Merged multiple topics.
I do apologise for any confusion caused by the chronological order of the posts.

Thank you, captainsticks, please do ask the devs.

I knew that COMODO worked on this philosophy: CIS=prevention ; CCE=cleaning.
I agree with this and i can see its logic.

But why not also update CCE? Cleaning is just as important as preventing.
And while CCE does have what it takes to tacke today’s malware, it hasn’t seen
an update for 2+years (if I’m not mistaken). So it would be nice to see either an
update to CCE or at least this version conflict clarification.

Thanks again. :smiley:

Just to be curious,is Comodo are going to update CCE and add modern UI same as CIS 9 when final comes out ? Thanks for answer.

The total lack of answers make me think that is not. The usual strategy of Comodo: they launch new products and then forget to develop them.

Hello Silwncer and davidepi,

Right now there is no on going development for Comodo Cleaning Essentials; please let us know your wishes about this product what kind of updates would you like to see on CCE? Only modern UI developments ?

PS: The new modern UI will be applied to Comodo Internet Security, CIS Pro & Complete, Comodo Antivirus & Comodo Antivirus Advance, Comodo Firewall and Comodo Cloud Antivirus.

For your information,

Kind Regards
Buket