CCE scan vs. CAV scan?

Whats the difference between the two?

Thanks

This is really a question I would like to have answer as I use both scans and maybe one of those is obsolete.

They use same database, Comodo Antivirus Database

CCE have MBR scan option CAV don’t.

CCE also has one extra option in the virus scanner. CAV don’t.

CCE use CAMAS for the unknown processes running in memory. CAV don’t? Correct me please if I’m wrong.

Also it has a greater depth of scanning such as hidden files and services. I don’t think CAV does that by default. Or does it? Once again correct me if I’m wrong here.

I’m not sure myself ROFL! ;D

One more thing. The whole point why they created CCE is that it was better at removing malware compared to CAV on the infected system. I’m not sure if it’s still the case.

Question: It seems like CCE is better than CAV in pretty much every way? Then why not replace the CAV module with CCE? Or is there some other difference like speed etc that doesn’t make it feasible as a default scanner?

Well CAV have other things which CCE don’t. Because ppl might damage their PC’s by running CCE if they select MBR scan option or one extra option in the virus scanner and select the wrong action after that. It is only intended for the advanced users. Also the scan time in CCE is much slower now compared to CAV. You have + and - in both.

Also CAV is there to prevent infection that’s how it works. CCE is to clean it if CAV fails.