CBXX.tmp files

Hi,

Something on my computer keeps filling up my windows/temp directory with CBXX.tmp files (where the XX is a hex value). If I try to delete the files I get a message saying I can’t delete because “the file is open in COMODO Internet Security Helper Service”.

Is CIS creating the files? If so, how do I stop it? If not, what is?

The files appear to be created every 6 minutes and fill up 50gig in a couple of days at which point the computer obviously grinds to a halt and I have to reboot and then manually delete the files (will now do this every day so the thing remain usable).

Any ideas? Malwarebytes reports nothing wrong but I do notice that someone else on the gorum has had these files appeariing.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

That would not be known CIS behaviour. Are you using Comodo Back up by any instance?

Hi,

Thanx for the reply. I do have Comodo Backup but doing a manual update of CIS has fixed the problem. I have no idea why.

I had precisely the same problem - a group of “cbxx.tmp” files created every 6 minutes until my c: drive was full. This kept happenning even after I had disabled CIS and removed it from my startup list and rebooted - so I assumed it had nothing to do with CIS. I spent oodles of time disabling other software trying to find the culprit. Then I searched here.

I’ve now done a manual CIS update and the problem appears to be solved.

Which versions of CIS did each of you have installed?

Sorry, I didn’t take note of that and now obviously have the latest version.