CAVWP.exe abusing cpu resources[V6]

lets take a look at this process guys…wake up!
Cache building resources in most of the time takes place when the system is idle.
Not continually do you know what I mean!?
It uses now for about approximately two (2) hours 60 to 80 % of two cores of my cpu.
let the big guys of Comodo take a look [at] this.

I understand that this issue is a large problem. However, in order for the devs to properly replicate it you will need to follow the full format provided in this topic so they will be able to replicate the bug.

Hi Chiron thanks for your answer :slight_smile:
I’ve got the following configuration now:
Comodo firewall ( with behavior blocker ) and Avast free antivirus.
The Cavwp.exe doesn’t move up to 60% in this configuration.
Somewhere in the configuration of the antivirus of the Comodo IS must have been a bug.
I will leave it for now and when the bug is treated I will later this year get back to the Internet Security.
Thanks again for your time ( wish there would be more forum members like you )!

Greetzz

Jim

Actually, seeing that you have Avast I now wonder if this is a compatibility problem. Please try adding all of Comodo’s folders to the exclusions of Avast and adding Avast’s folders to the exclusions of Comodo.

See if this helps.

Thanks.

Don’t understand me wrong, When I had Comodo internet security 2013 with antivirus the problem was there!
Now everything is ok, so there must be something wrong with the antivirus from Comodo and my machine.
My configuration is:

Windows 7 X64
I3 530 2.93 GHz
8 gb 1333 MHz memory

So now I have the firewall running and Avast everything seems to be ok ( no more CAVWP.exe running to the limit )

Thanks for your respond

Okay, that does sound like a bug.

If you feel up to the task I would really appreciate if you could reinstall CIS, after uninstalling Avast, and create a bug report for this.

However, I do understand that at this point you may prefer to just wait. That said, I do want to point out that if you do not create a bug report for this there is no guarantee that this issue will be resolved within the next few updates. It’s really up to you.

Thank you.

i have same problem with CIS (cavwp.exe taking above 90% cpu resources and make my windows lagged). i don’t have any other AV installed.

i tried reinstall CIS and it actually work (for a while). i installed them yesterday, and today when i logged in to my computer, the cavwp acting again eating my cpu resources. i noticed something. my windows update download somehow stuck. it also happen yesterday before reinstall. maybe this is the culprit?

thanks

I hope they find the problem, so I can turn back to CIS
I’m now running Zonealarm suite Free

CU

Did you create a bug report?

No Chiron I didn’t
It is to buggy to use it now :-TD
But I will return to CIS when its bug free later this year

Creating bug reports for the bugs you encounter will go a long way towards making it bug free. Please consider creating these bug reports.

Without a proper bug report, you can almost guarantee that the issue will not be fixed because the developers don’t have enough data about your specific configuration…

Frankly bug reporting seems far too complicated (which of the 4 or so ways is correct? seriously :P) so I’ll just append to this one…

Cache Builder was running for 13 hours (well, 12:56:xx) using between 25% and 35% CPU… the usage isn’t a problem, but the length surely is since it only takes about 2 hours to virus-scan my entire PC (roughly 1TB, 1.5 million files or so on 4HDDs).

I tried hitting “Stop” in (CIS) Task Manager, waited two minutes, and then killed it manually. (wasn’t at the PC for those 13 hours or I would have killed it 12 hours sooner).

CIS 6.0.260739.2674
Defs: 14931 (from 14925, auto-updated 3 hours before this)

Anti-Virus, Firewall, Behavior Blocker installed and enabled, HIPS off.

Updates are scheduled for 3 days Software, 1 day Defs, however defs seem to update every 3 to 6 hours anyways which might be why it ran for 13 hours… still building cache while updating defs, restarts cache, or something.

Windows 8 x64, other than Windows security stuff CIS is the only third-party security… only thing running for those 13 hours was:

1. Opera, doing nothing but checking-email and RSS feeds
  2. Apache HTTPd serving a couple small pages that are only accessed about once an hour.
  3. RealTemp, AMD Catalyst, Classic Shell… otherwise fairly default.

3570K [at] 4.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, OS and CIS are installed on an SSD (that is error free).

Looking through the logs, doesn’t seem to be any useful information… other than 14919 to 14925 seems to be when it started the Cache building… no idea when the last attempt/success at cache building was done.

Nice report
Comodo wont find me here until we are 1 year in the future >:-D
Zonealarm suite runs fine and fast

And yes its far too complicated to make such a bug reporting
They don’t pay me so why should I debug it and send them all the stuff

No not me

Thanks guys 4 your time
CU 1 year later ;D

I might be following soon, if they ever get around to a 6.1 release and it doesn’t solve at least a third of my issues… CIS is no longer practical to use if I have to baby-sit it.

Pro-tip, if you guys want to use your user-base for testing rather than in-house or “1337 forum posters”, consider having the application itself create bug-reports… or at least dump to a log file people can post with their descriptions.

It will save a whole lot of headaches for everyone, this is bulls**t, don’t expect to get useful bug reports when your “Knew/Mane/Standurd Furmatt” looks like it was a Facebook status, have you heard of an HTML Form?

First, my apologies that some of you were sent links to out-of-date format versions. I unfortunately forgot to update some of the standard posts when I updated the format.

I agree that a web form would be a better solution, and that as much bug report data as possible should be automatically collected. Some is now collected via the diagnostics file. We hope this can be extended in future. My apologies therefore also for the inconvenience that the lack of this causes.

The info requested in the bug report has been reduced in the new format. But that which is now requested is needed for most issues, as CIS is a complex piece of software and many difficult to predict interactions occur. More information on why we ask the questions we do is here. Please note that all the info in the second section of the format can normally be copied forward for each bug.

We have two (or maybe 2.5) formats, not more. The ‘pretty print’ format is identical to the main format - it just formats the information better, and displays responses in blue. The reason we have two formats (well 2.5 in a sense) is to allow people with very simple GUI issues or help text issues (that’s the 0.5!) to use a simpler format.

Please remember however that the mods are volunteers - ie are unpaid. So we do our best with the tools we have. This also means that although we have some influence, it is limited as we are not members of staff.

I hope this helps you understand the situation

Best wishes

Mouse

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments, so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you. PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (version 6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

As this has been in the Non Format Verified Board for at least three major version releases, without enough information to forward to the devs, I will move this report to the Outdated section.

If you are still experiencing this issue, and would like this to be forwarded to the devs, please edit your first post so that it is in the required format, and has all required files attached. After this please reply to this post, and send me a PM with a link to this report.

Thank you.